Ok guys I'm back..Now its hubbys bday he wants dual exhaust! Get me started please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well hopefully tommorow night I can comment on how the Banks system sounds,dropping my truck off in the morning to have installation done. I'll get some photos aswell.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Make sure you go with the single inlet dual outlet muffler, I wouldn't true dual it. It wont be that loud with the stock cats ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i80Gx...e=channel_page ) , It will sound much healthier with a single muffler and since the the truck doesn't have enough power to exhale though the true duals its not worth it performance wise.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Getting them done today.... I cant wait to hear it! Thanks everyone once again you have educated me on making our truck kick *** LOL LOL LOL!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Magnaflow all the way. S.S. is worth the extra money.

Think twice about a Flowmaster set up.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by hiedelyn
Getting them done today.... I cant wait to hear it! Thanks everyone once again you have educated me on making our truck kick *** LOL LOL LOL!
Awesome. Get us photos of the system and a sound clip if available.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
So just picked up the ride... it sounds GREAT and looks sweet! Hubby woke up to another awesome surprise!!!!!!! He was ecstatic! Of course he insisted on driving it to work tonight lol, he normally takes my car for gas mileage lol. I'll get a sound clip and pics up tomorrow. Once again my thanks to all of you for your help. If I keep this up I'm gonna be an F150 expert. LOL hmmmmmmm what should we do next. LOL LOL LOL

Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
you rock! your husband is a lucky man!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by hiedelyn
So just picked up the ride... it sounds GREAT and looks sweet! Hubby woke up to another awesome surprise!!!!!!! He was ecstatic! Of course he insisted on driving it to work tonight lol, he normally takes my car for gas mileage lol. I'll get a sound clip and pics up tomorrow. Once again my thanks to all of you for your help. If I keep this up I'm gonna be an F150 expert. LOL hmmmmmmm what should we do next. LOL LOL LOL
get him a procharger / roush, a whipple, magnacharger or even a turbo system

Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
b/s? I dont believe so. Though it looks like Flowmaster wins this thread, wonder where all the Magnaflow enforcers went, on vacation I guess

you know if flowmasters didn't sound so good you wouldn't be considering switching from your maggies to flows

I dunno what is but I just don't like the sound of the maggies or SLP loudmouth's when the rev's are up

Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Maggy vs Flow, I believe it all depends on what you want to get outta it. When I first got my mag I hated it man i wanted it off of the truck. But the more flowmasterd V8 trucks I was around the less I wanted one, they are very generic sounding on V8 motors especially trucks. I enjoy hearing the maggy open up as I lean into the throttle. IMO
I have had flowmasters myself so..

Old 01-24-2009, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarajerame

you know if flowmasters didn't sound so good you wouldn't be considering switching from your maggies to flows

I dunno what is but I just don't like the sound of the maggies or SLP loudmouth's when the rev's are up
ya caught me. I do like the sound, I just dont like the non stainless steel part mainly. When I pop my Super 44s in this spring i'm gonna make sure their primed and painted properly with high temp paint, and see how long they last. I'm keeping the Magnaflows ofcoarse, not sure if I will permanently keep the Super 44s in, we'll see.

I seen some people dont like them, I like the sound I think it sounds fine. I hate straight pipe WOT sounds, but Magnaflows tone makes it perfect. My truck sounds good atleast, but has gotten much louder since the original recordings of the videos in my signature.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Well my Banks Powerpack is installed and I 'm very impressed with how well every thing went together, everything fit perfectly and it sounds great I will take a video soon. I have it set on economy mode right now and I'm impressed as to how well it performes, cant wait to do some comparison tests.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wheres the video at??

Quick Reply: Ok guys I'm back..Now its hubbys bday he wants dual exhaust! Get me started please!!!