LT's HF's & 11" maggie. question's for all

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LT's HF's & 11" maggie. question's for all

ive got a 05 screw 5.4 and i want to put pacesetter LT's, maggie high flows and the 11" maggie and an H pipe.

plan on going 3" from the lt's through the cats and to the muffler. then go 2.5" from the mufflers to (if it will fit) side dump infront of the rear tires with a 2.5" dual tip on both sides

question's
Do you think I'll pass emissions
Whats the 3" high flow cat part # i need to use
Which offset for the muffler do i use??

Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by sherrod624
ive got a 05 screw 5.4 and i want to put pacesetter LT's, maggie high flows and the 11" maggie and an H pipe.

plan on going 3" from the lt's through the cats and to the muffler. then go 2.5" from the mufflers to (if it will fit) side dump infront of the rear tires with a 2.5" dual tip on both sides

question's
So you're wanting dual exhaust?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
headers passing emissions, doesn't always happen, sometimes hi-flow cats barely get by depending if the people are d**ks.

One thing I disagree with on your planned system, dont run dual 3" pipes, have the ends of the headers downed to 2.5" and run a 2.5" dual exhaust. That will retain decent scavenging. And if you didn't know, after you modify headers, you need a custom tune.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
headers passing emissions, doesn't always happen, sometimes hi-flow cats barely get by depending if the people are d**ks.

One thing I disagree with on your planned system, dont run dual 3" pipes, have the ends of the headers downed to 2.5" and run a 2.5" dual exhaust. That will retain decent scavenging. And if you didn't know, after you modify headers, you need a custom tune.
what exactly is scavenging? never understood the term.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
do i have to have a tuner like a gryphon to get a custom tune or do i cary it to someone who has one??

Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by weazel
what exactly is scavenging? never understood the term.
Its the pressure flow of dual exhausts, need to be at a good pressure and flow correctly to re-tain great low end torque.

do i have to have a tuner like a gryphon to get a custom tune or do i cary it to someone who has one??
Custom tune would be best, so you can actually have the exhaust programmed in to perform at best.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:02 PM

question's

I would run 2 1/2 pipe thats plenty, and X-pipe with 2 mufflers, I have mine setup like this and I pass emissions every 2 years, I had the 14" magnaflow DIDO and to my it was WAY too loud and I have dynamat all over my truck.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:22 PM
i thought for an X pipe to function correctly it needs to have equal lengths of pipe before the mufflers on both sides.

i haven't relay looked at it to good, but is there enough room under our trucks to run the pipes out INFRONT of the rear tires on BOTH sides

and what offset for the mufflers do i need to get

Last edited by sherrod624; 01-19-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
there is no reason that there shouldn't be equal length of pipe between the x pipe and mufflers

Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM

i thought for an X pipe to function correctly it needs to have equal lengths of pipe before the mufflers on both sides.

i haven't relay looked at it to good, but is there enough room under our trucks to run the pipes out INFRONT of the rear tires on BOTH sides

and what offset for the mufflers do i need to get
Not to the left side due to the fuel tank. Plenty of room underneith for true duals X piped. I thought you had the 11" DI/DO planned. If your gonna exit them passenger side before tire, I would get the centered inlet offset outlet. Thats what I got, but only because my installer didn't install them the way I requested. Magnaflows are direct flowing so they are interchangable, thats why he flipped them around. But with the way mine are, it would be much easier and direct to exit at the before tire.

Quick Reply: LT's HF's & 11" maggie. question's for all