I Want some quick opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Want some quick opinions.

I want to put an exhaust on my truck for sound and some power. However, I use my truck for work (I do haul alot of tools and tow sometimes also) and take it off road down right-of-way sometimes so I'm scared to get the Gibson dual extreme I want ~$400+. So I thought about getting this MBRP while its on sale...
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan..._pn=MBRS5200AL
I am open to just swapping mufflers but which one and what dimensions? And also do they use sleeves to swap or do you have to weld it in place?

just want some quick opinions. The swept side Gibson like I had on my ranger is selling for ~$320.

I want good sound and Power. I just dont wanna pay Volant or Corsa prices cause I use the truck so much.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Well... I was actually thinking of getting one of those higher priced prefabmajigs myself. But somehow I wanted my dream to come true with my stacked tip exhaust. But besides the point. I think for what you want, that would be a good option in my books.

If you really want to go cheap, go to most any muffler shop and buy a performance muffler and just flat out replace the stock muffler and keep the stock piping.

I highly recommend welding it... but if you do it yourself, you can get away with a sleeve as a temporary option until you can get to have it welded.

Just be advised, I've noticed 50/50 comments about 4 Wheel Parts just from reading around. I've never purchased anything from them, so I can't confirm it myself. As I say, "Buyer bewary".

Old 01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Well, I've purchased quite a few items from them. Not much other choice around here. I expect a few headaches though (Normally shipping or not in stock). And I dont let them install anything. I ponly let them install my level kit cuz the weekend I bought it, installation was free and I needed an alignment anyway. I'm just surprised no one has an opinion. I mean I want the Gibson, but I am scared of buying a nice exhaust and tearing it up.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

MBRP fit my 06 Super Crew like a glove and comes with clamps no welding. Took a little over an hour to install. Deep, low sound. btw I got mine from truckcustomizers.com free shipping and was at my door in like 3 or 4 days.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 PM
So you want to spend $400 on a muffler with some pipe? Pretty dumb if you look at the performance to cost ratio. You'll get more low and mid range power with a SI/SO straight through muffler and have it welded in for $50.

Quick Reply: I Want some quick opinions.