Apples and Apples

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I went with a Flowmaster 40 because I love the sound. There was a slight loss of torque on takeoff, but I expected that. I wanted the throaty deep sound they make. You don't lose power with a Magnaflow, but it is a much softer, quieter sound.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mtordie
The Gotts Mod? I saw that one and it was for the old style 150. Is there a write up for the new style like yours too?
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...04-2008-a.html

Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust if you buy a kit you have to put together you get what you pay for the same goes for headers. cheaper parts fit like sh*t sometimes, what im trying to say is you cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. tuners edge very nice you can monitor anything you can think of but nothing beats a custom tune

Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
These are estimates, ok? The hypertech will give you maybe 20 HP increase. The Edge, maybe 25 HP and a custom tuned Gryphon or Xcal3, about 30 HP. Plus your CAI will not benefit you much without a custom tune. The Hypertech and Edge are tunes for stock intakes. The Edge and Gryphon provide a monitor to constantly keep an eye on things, the others do not.

I had the Edge for a long time, and have now had the custom Gryphon tunes. There is no comparison. It's not just the power but also the shift and downshift characteristics. To get the most, safely, decide what intake you want and get custom tunes for it on either an Xcal3 or a Gryphon. I was content with the Edge until I got the custom tuned Gryphon, then I found out the difference.

Welp I went with the the edge because I found a great deal for one online and it would be cheaper even if I paid the extra premium for the Gyphon Tune not buying it there. Another reason I went with it is I sent them (PHP) an email asking about the product and inquiring about some of the delays I keep reading on forums for an idea of how long the delay would be. Its been 5 days now and no response. I think that answered my question. If I load a Canned tune and unplug it and send it to PHP for a custom tune will it still hold the canned tune till I get it back? I think I am gonna try calling them and see if I can get a faster response to some of my questions.

I got the S&B intake and JBA exhaust as well. Installed the CAI and Tuner yesterday and it made a really nice difference. Exhaust comes in at end of the week. So I'll install that as well. Running lean has me a little worried though and trying to do some research on that and what a good mixture is or what settings I can change to help alleviate it. I found some posts about it from Bill and PHP and supposedly the changes on the edge only affects it during WOT. Where as his tune can adjust it through all throttle positions. A little confusing to me but Ill bow to the superior knowledge. I can monitor the MAF with the Edge but I am not sure whats a good reading. In the fives seems to be what it should be. But of course it jumps all over the place during driving.

Quick Reply: Apples and Apples