quiet stainless performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quiet stainless performance exhaust

Just bought an 02 excab 4wd a couple of weeks ago and someone had previously munged the exhaust (https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-exhaust.html?), since this is going to be my winter vehicle, I want something that's full on stainless.

It sounds like I want dynomax super turbos in stainless, but that doesn't exist. Walker's (same company) quiet flow in stainless are only oem dropins, but since I'm already hacked up, it's looking hard to retrofit.

Everything I've read about the stainless magnaflows are that they are fairly loud as well.

Everything I've dealt with that's "aluminzed" has been terrible, from a rust through perspective, so the question is, what can I put on this thing that's quiet as a mouse and not a big potato in the tail pipe?

My goal is to "fly under the radar", and not attract undue attention (on the exhaust side).

(and I mean quiet)

my apologies to the 97-03 group for a previous similar thread

Last edited by kp02-150; 07-01-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: apologies to the 97-03
Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depends on how long of a magnaflow you get to determine how loud. an 18" is pretty quiet. a 22" is real quiet but still performs well. a 14" is just right IMO for an everyday driver and still be able to have a conversation but you'll still have some drone. borla makes awesome systems too and the catbacks arent loud. basically as long as you dont mess with the cats, you wont have any real loud exhaust to get you into trouble. IMO if you want quiet exhaust put a stock replacement muffler on, or put a long magnaflow or borla on it.

Last edited by Matts ford; 07-01-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: quiet stainless performance exhaust