Gibson Exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Gibson Exhaust????

Does anyone have a Gibson Exhaust on there truck? If so tell me what you think about it. Loud? Easy to install?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weak

Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont like Gibson, real quiet and not too deep sounding, leave it for the V6s.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I have a Gibson Super Truck Exhuast its ok but not as loud as FlowMaster.
Here is a sound clip of my 06.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-O3AFQc6A

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I disagree with the above two responses. The Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust System is not weak... I have this system on my truck, the sound is a deep rumble that is almost silent while driving at a steady state, then when you step on it you will hear it even with the windows rolled up and the music on. The increase in hp and torque is significant though out the bandwidth... Those who knock this system have not driven a truck with the instillation or have not heard it up close...

I would do it again in a flash...

Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by jdruzik
I disagree with the above two responses. The Gibson Extreme Dual Exhaust System is not weak... I have this system on my truck, the sound is a deep rumble that is almost silent while driving at a steady state, then when you step on it you will hear it even with the windows rolled up and the music on. The increase in hp and torque is significant though out the bandwidth... Those who knock this system have not driven a truck with the instillation or have not heard it up close...

I would do it again in a flash...
When I installed my exhuast I could fill the power gain. I like the sound of the gibson, but I need my exhuast more louder. I will be installing high flow cats, I think it will be much louder with high flows. I think you gain more power then flowmaster.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Gibson isn't a highly advertised, or used system. That alone is reason enough to look else where.

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I have to agree with jdruzik too. My neighbor has an 08 Tundra and he customized it vivrtually overnight one day. New grille, wheels/tires, and an exhuast. He got a si/do it appears with the 45'd rear exit behind the passenger tire. I thought it was an 18" magnaflow. It is deep and sounds great. He was talking to my dad, it was a Gibson! People can trash this company, but it's stainless steel (304 I think) and the have a nice sound. They are straight through design and seem to be more on the side of performance than sound. Although it is on the quiet side, imagine it hooked up with long tubes and hi flows. That would be a set-up I would love to hear. If you got the gibson, I would be prepared for at least hiflows. They will be quieter than on my nieghbor's tundra for sure, but would sound good none the less.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
A coworker has Gibson SIDO exhaust on his truck ('04 F150 5.4L). Myself and another coworker have Magnaflow. His is considerably quieter, to the point that we ask him when he's going to get rid of the stock exhaust.
Boy does he get mad.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a Gibson about 8 years ago, but it was the SI/SO setup. The muffler was huge and baffled. It was better then the OEM setup as far as sound goes, but still 'quiet' compared to others, yet it did have a rumble to it when you got on it...

Well, about a year later, it started to rattle. Baffle weld broke loose inside was the diagnosis.. Ended up replacing it with a Flo-Pro muffler (oval, straight thru design) and I haven't looked back since.. I still run the Gibson 3" mandrel bent tail pipe and 3.5" tip!

This is it after about 7 years of service.

Ain't pretty, but it still rumbles good and no drone and the seat O the pants meter told me it's better then the Gibson was...

That dual X from Gibson looks pretty good I have to admit. It looks like the same muffler I had, except for the DO part.. You sure it doesn't have baffles in it?

I personally prefer a nice mellow rumble then just all out loudness these days myself, so I'm happy with the Flo-Pro and it does sound good towing the trailer! But, you can still carry on a conversation in the cab and listen to the radio!

Mitch

Old 08-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
It says straight throuch on here
http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/sftmufflers.html

Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool... That's new since 2001 then... That's when I got my Gibson. I'll bet that straight thru design is much better then the originals....

Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I have a gibson exhaust on my truck. SISO exits behind the rear tire. I like it myself, but it is a little on the quiet side which i like. It sounds really good when you romp on the gas, and when pulling a trailer. No drone in the cab when on the highway and sounds good when it is at idle.
This is my 3rd gibson exhaust, the prior 2 being on v-6 rangers. They defenitely sounded good on the rangers. I am a repeat customer to them.
Installation was pretty easy, the B!tch part is getting the old exhaust off.
I have had vehicles with glasspacks, flowmasters, factory mufflers and straigt pipes. Maybee i will try a magnaflow if I run into extra money and compare it to my Gibson.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
ive got a gibson supertruck exhaust on my 06 5.4 and i love it, has a great sound and has gotten better the longer ive have it on and broken in. heres a video i took about a year ago, need to do another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxF7-4jYHHk

Old 09-05-2009, 12:55 AM
HERE YOU GO SOUND CLIPS GIBSON SUPER TRUCK EXHUAST vs FLOWMASTER 44.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-O3AFQc6A GIBSON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqDJdtn5hnM FLOWMASTER

Last edited by LincolnMarkLT20; 09-05-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Gibson Exhaust????