kinda funny story involving gotts mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009 | 10:40 AM
|
kinda funny story involving gotts mod

so im new to the site and saw the gotts mod and decided to give it a try, so i went to home depot and got the cupling and the pvc pipe, and the next day i go to install it and when i was taking off the box where the filter goes i looked down inside it and noticed that the previous owner had already done the mod. haha kinda wish i woulda knew that before i wasted my money on new stuff but oh well. i also put in a drop in OEM k&n filter. disconnected the battery just to make sure. noticed a little throttle response and top end. in the end i was happy that i didnt have to do anything haha

Old 09-02-2009 | 10:53 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by black03xlt
so im new to the site and saw the gotts mod and decided to give it a try, so i went to home depot and got the cupling and the pvc pipe, and the next day i go to install it and when i was taking off the box where the filter goes i looked down inside it and noticed that the previous owner had already done the mod. haha kinda wish i woulda knew that before i wasted my money on new stuff but oh well. i also put in a drop in OEM k&n filter. disconnected the battery just to make sure. noticed a little throttle response and top end. in the end i was happy that i didnt have to do anything haha
That is funny.

Welcome to the site!

Old 09-02-2009 | 10:58 AM
Welcome fellow Floridian.

Old 09-02-2009 | 03:50 PM
Truck of the Month
welcome, glad you saved yourself some time

Old 09-02-2009 | 04:34 PM
thats convenient. And its nice to have more florida people on the site

Old 09-02-2009 | 10:00 PM
I agree. I'm trying to find people near pensacola.

Old 10-13-2009 | 10:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Guess ya dont look under the hood much

Old 10-14-2009 | 07:39 AM
Funny story also....

I recently became friends with a guy in my apartment complex who is in law enforcement. He bough an 04 truck down in Florida when he was in the academy and I was telling him about the mod. I sent him the link to the tutorial and when we popped his hood the gotts mod was also done on that truck.

Old 10-14-2009 | 07:51 AM
Makes you wonder if they were members or read the forum at one point.

Old 10-14-2009 | 09:56 AM
black03xlt: You can ship the parts to me up here in Tampa Bay area,,still need to do the mod myself. Haaaaa.

Welcome to the site from Tarpon Springs.

Old 10-14-2009 | 10:11 AM
Global Moderator &
welcome, good story. I was kinda picturing you went to do the mod and noticed your air filter was missing, or something like that

Old 10-15-2009 | 03:03 PM
I was thinking he was going to find a wrench or towel in his intake.

A buddy of mine was washing the engine bay on his Ram and he covered the filter with a towel so that it wouldn't get wet. Well when he was finished he forgot to remove the towel, so a week later when I went to help him change the spark plugs on it (4.7L) I found a towel wrapped around the filter!! haha... Typical Dodge owner.

Old 10-15-2009 | 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by black03xlt
anybody know if you can add more than one tube onto it? like have the stock location plus 2 tubs going to different places or just one big tube? i know the gotts mod helps a lot but to me it still seems like its not getting the full potential of air that is possible. you could try it just to make sure its getting all the air it needs. i could be wrong...

Old 10-15-2009 | 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by timmypstyle
anybody know if you can add more than one tube onto it? like have the stock location plus 2 tubs going to different places or just one big tube? i know the gotts mod helps a lot but to me it still seems like its not getting the full potential of air that is possible. you could try it just to make sure its getting all the air it needs. i could be wrong...
Timmyp, the biggest you will be able to fit is going to be a 3" interior diameter. i dont think it would be worth trying to rig something else up because you wont fit a Y piece in there. and if you just wanted to tap into the other 3" piece of schedule 40, you would only be able to run like a 1.5" piece of schedule 40 out of it and you would have to bend it and what not. it would take a while and may not be worth the hassle

-fred

Old 10-15-2009 | 07:35 PM
That's a great story... It just shows when a used truck is purchased check it out carefully you may be in for something positive...

Quick Reply: kinda funny story involving gotts mod