pacesetter long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009 | 10:24 PM
|
so i went to replace the gasket earlier. i didnt realize it til then that the drivers side header wasnt flush against the head because it was pushed up against the motor mount and couldnt come any closer. it was basically like half the header wasnt connected on. i dont understand why im the only person with this many clearance problems. i am going to have to get a machine shop to cut all the pipes off the flange and weld in wedges at the bottoms of the pipes just to get it to clear. this is completely ridiculous i am never going to buy from pacesetter again thats for damn sure. oh and thats also the reason the egr was at the wrong angle too.

Last edited by ridinmudddy; 12-03-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2009 | 09:43 PM
wow ridinmuddy were did you buy those from again?? i had no probs other then heat sheilds and EGR i just closed off the EGR prob sloved. didnt have a prob with the motor mount altho one primary on the passenger side is very very close if not touching the frame rail.

i still have everything Jbrew A/C starter and all. done headers twice without takin them off. my buddy did longtubes on his Expy without taking off start or A/C crap in 3 hours no probs at all.

yall make this to complcated

Ridinmuddy im sorry your having so much trouble but pacesetter is a good company never had a prob with there stuff neither has Jbrew or my buddy with the expy. sorry it could have been the company that sent it out thoe!

arent you glad thoe you only spend 450 instead of buying 1,100 dollar longtubes and having this many probs?

Old 12-10-2009 | 11:29 PM
|
well the drivers side was hittin the motor mount real bad had to re bend one of the primaries and after i grinded part of the starter to clear the passenger header it was hittin the bellhousing a little so i beat the primary in a tad. but that was completely ridiculous. it was the right part number on the headers and they werent banged up or anything at all so i dont think it was jethots fault at all. maybe its cuz i have the last year of the body style that might have something to do with it who knows. but i have a very small exhaust leak now and cant find it at all and all the header bolts are tight. im not having much luck with this project at all

Old 05-25-2010 | 10:24 AM
im right there with you ridingmuddy... i came out here & read half of the posts & thought the pacesetter 70-2226 long tube headers would work... so i bought them... MISTAKE sure i can get the drivers side in just fine only had to grind on the motor mount block a little but ther is no way i can get the passenger side to work sure it fits but there is no way i can get the starter back in... im gonna try leaving the starter in today but im not holding my breath... i had both motor mounts loose & now if i can get the passenger side to work i have to take the drivers side back loose just to get the motor mount bolt back in... if it wont work i will have a set of pacesetter headers part# 70-2226 for a 5.4 4x4 with flowmaster 3" ball & socket flanges welded on for sale 365$ plus shipping the ball & socket flanges cost 90$ headers were just shy of 300$ so im pissed that im losing money but these are brand new & have OEM style flanges already welded on so all u have to do is weld on the female side to your y pipe & it will be a leak free connection verses slip fit... i might even want to get rid of the y pipe but its already welded up except were you connect the drivers side to the rest of the y pipe that needs to be done with the headers bolted up so it will fit together properly... but we'll see if i can get a miracle today n get the passenger side on with the starter bolted up 1st

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:59 PM
|
on the passenger side after you take the manifold off hold the header up to the head and see if its flush all the way around. my starter and part of the bellhousing was holding mine up but its not by much.

Old 05-28-2010 | 02:26 AM
nope no way will these fit & no im not FLATTING #2 primary tube im an auto tech not a moron no offense guys but flatting 1 of the primarys is RIDICULOUS it will effect the flow... thank god that streetside auto will not only take these back AFTER i cut the ball & socket flanges off but they sent me a return shipping slip so im not out of pocket to return these... AWESOME here i was thinking i was losing $$$$ but im not just my time... I have had some lengthy conversations with Tim Lawler at pacesetter & he sent me pictures of part# 702226 & 70-2227 big difference on # 2 primary tube but if its enough i dont know & im not about to risk BUYING another set... he informed me that they had already done the research & development on long tubes to fit a 97 4.6 F150 but they hadnt put them into production yet... supposedly later this year so back to stock exhaust for now i guess

Quick Reply: pacesetter long tube headers