New intake AEM!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New intake AEM!

O.K well not new so to speak, I got it from a person here who sold it to me at a great price, I didn't really have the spare cash but the deal was just to sweet.

so, I put it on at work, and after some slight tinkering to get things to my liking ( I am very picky about my truck. ) and making a new hold in the filter box and getting the wires where I wanted them and other things, I started it up!

maybe its just in my head but my exhaust sounded slightly different, and popped a little, and the truck idles a little lower than normal, and it also idles down faster, the PCM should be ready to handle it, as I removed the (-neg) cable during the install.

I have not drove it yet, I let it run for a bit and once I get back from lunchI am going to check the clamps again to make sure.

Here is hoping she is not too lean, I am going get a PHP tuner soon.

my and my friend are going to give it a look over before I leave, I like to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks 95sw21!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

So, after I went to lunch and then home today here is what I think about it.

It has a slight *very* slight drone that unless I am listing for I can't really hear from 2,100-2,500 if you are not hammering on it.

its very noisy if you are laying into the long pedal, and once you break 4,000 RPM is scary loud ( to me ) add in the fact that even taking my truck past 2,500 Rpm worrys me cause I don't want to be hard on it.

past 3,000 it drowns the exhaust sounds out, undr 2,500 the exhaust is easyer to hear.

Power gain is, well for a truck its fast but TBH I can't tell that I gained much power at all, the throttle seems a little more snappy and the truck seems to pick up a little faster, idles is still smooth but lower than it was.

I still think its in my head but i swear my ehaust note changed a little.

Once I get a PHP gyrphon I am sure it will really bring the tuck to life.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a car once that when I install a short ram intake, the exhaust sounded a hair different too. Your not the only goofy one!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 PM
after I installed my banks I too thaught my exhaust sounded a littler "nicer" lol

I was very close to getting an AEM but decided to get a banks....

Quick Reply: New intake AEM!