Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Tips

This might seem like a silly question , does tip design or size have any purpose other than looks? I ask because a shop had suggested running the pipes high and bending down with a slash cut and keeping just to the bottom of the bumper and hiding the tips.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a lot. But the thicker the outlet and longer then length the better it megaphones it into the distance, and gives it a metallic like note. But there is a limit to how big can look good.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks Darren, I figured if anyone would know it would be you .What do you think about tucking the pipes ,have you seen it done .In looking there seems to be plenty of room , and not having shiny tips is just one less thing to clean , but didnt know if exhaust could cause any corrosive damage .

Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by kennyday
Thanks Darren, I figured if anyone would know it would be you .What do you think about tucking the pipes ,have you seen it done .In looking there seems to be plenty of room , and not having shiny tips is just one less thing to clean , but didnt know if exhaust could cause any corrosive damage .
check out this website, www.kinneysmufflershop.com. he has TONS of pics with tucked tips. they look good imo.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Metallic like note? I don't think I would go that far, but it does make it sound deeper and have a better growl to it!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyday
Definitely gives the good effect with a nice hidden system. Go for it.

Originally Posted by avfrog
Metallic like note? I don't think I would go that far, but it does make it sound deeper and have a better growl to it!
Which is what i'm implying by using the term 'metallic'.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips