LT's and tune? (yes I searched first)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD

Guys long tube headers are cheap now. A little over $500 shipped will get you either OBX stainless long tubes(that are chromed) or Ceramic Coated Mild Steal Pace Setters. Both kits will come with a Y-pipe. Do the install in your garage/driveway over the weekend. On Monday take your truck to a muffer shop and have him weld in some highflows, and better yet have him true dual the exhaust..
Well said!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Def do Hiflows first. I am doing them... picking them up very soon and that should tie me over for a long time. Headers are a big move, I would do hi flows first.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I agree though, try high flows first because eventually if you do.. do headers then 9times out of 10 afterwards your probably going to want some high flowing cats..

-Question, the Pacesetter LTs are offered pretty cheap for the black painted ones..VS the ArmourCoated ones.. would it be worth spending the extra money for the ArmourCoated ones would the black ones look like crap after about 3 years? Or is there a great paint coating to put on the black ones for long lasting durable look?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tlt008
Why not just call Mike Troyer and ask him?
Yep.

Plus, Y'all need to Read This: https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...longtubes.html

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...no=122-622100s

Excerpt from above:

"No tuning changes are required from using these (sic: Dynatech) longtube headers in 99% of the trucks we have installed them on, unlike some other longtubes (e.g Pacesetter)

There is no better quality header than Dynatech - forget trying to go the cheap route with Pacesetter, etc., it's just not worth it when you can get aircraft-grade T304 S/S quality like this that will last a lifetime without cracking, etc. It's just not worth saving a few dollars at time of purchase - if you are going to install headers, do it right - do it ONCE - with Dynatech, just like we do in our own vehicles here at Troyer Performance."

MGD

Old 03-19-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Totally agree with Dynatech's... those are in my future... distant, but still will happen

Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 AM
the guy ive been talkin to at the exhaust shop said that hi flow cats wont do much over my stock superduty cats.

i figure its gotta be true, cause hed make money off sellin me cats

Old 03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Noise, yes. Performance, no.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by tman07f150
Yeah I agree though, try high flows first because eventually if you do.. do headers then 9times out of 10 afterwards your probably going to want some high flowing cats..

-Question, the Pacesetter LTs are offered pretty cheap for the black painted ones..VS the ArmourCoated ones.. would it be worth spending the extra money for the ArmourCoated ones would the black ones look like crap after about 3 years? Or is there a great paint coating to put on the black ones for long lasting durable look?
first i say do it all at once while you have it apart. cut once, weld once, etc.

on your question, yes you can sand down the paint and powdercoat or some better quality high temp paint which will last longer but not too long. (powdercoat is best) honestly, take it from someone who bought the painted, GO ceramic, spend the extra.

Quick Reply: LT's and tune? (yes I searched first)