BBK CAI for 1997-2003 (4.6 & 5.4L)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012 | 12:57 AM
|
Originally Posted by 4.6heavymods98
I got to say I just read about your engine swap that was cool as hell! I would love to drive your truck to see what it feels like. I love the 97 - 03 body style but yeah the engine can leave some to be desired so your swap is awesome.
I'm glad you enjoyed the read, it was a fun project and I got allot of knowledge about doing it from searching the threads here.

As for how she drives, I don't know if there is a huge difference. Though she does seem to pull better. I'm hoping to one day have the elusive extra money, to get a custom tune from Troyer so my 97 truck knows it has a better engine. I'm sure that will make a noticeable difference.

beechkid are you calling me a paid blogger?

I wish, because I could certainly use some extra cash. When I started this tread, I was on terminal leave from my last deployment. If I recall correctly, I had ordered the CAI while I was deployed and it was sitting in my parents garage when I got home.

Anyway, at the time my Active Duty pay was just coming to an end. Since August of 2010 I've been a full time student supporting myself on my GI Bill, VA Disability, and monthly National Guard Assembly pay (which gets subtracted from the VA Disability).

Old 04-27-2012 | 01:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by DDan1967

beechkid are you calling me a paid blogger?
Maybe he is referring to me? If that's the case, -I've definitely heard the term "blogger" or blogging. I haven't heard of a paid blogger before.

Not sure, I'm not familiar with any of that. It might be like that Facebook crap, but refers to certain subject matter ?

Iduno.

Old 04-27-2012 | 01:10 AM
|
Just for the record. I'm putting this tread to bed. I have simply expressed my personal experiences and do not claim to be an expert of anything beyond my own experiences.

If you don't believe or disagree with what I have written. That is your right and I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind.

Any other comments or questions I will happily answer as time allows.

I hope that everyone has a glorious weekend a head of them. For me, I've got work to do on my Harley so I can get her on the road soon.

Doug

Old 04-27-2012 | 02:12 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by DDan1967
Just for the record. I'm putting this tread to bed.
Doug
Kind of hard to do with a public forum. Your not authorized, -simply, -without those privileges. Good thing! -However, you could ask for a lock, but that would defeat the purpose and know one could comment on this install.

So, "for the record." ~At times people don't like to be contradicted for the things they have done. I guess that's fine or somewhat normal. We learn allot from trial and error,-whether with ourselves or what others have found and tried. Users posting from those experiences can be more less what a good forums all about.
If you can't handle that and get all butt hurt with another ones post from past experiences, -then you may benefit from finding a site that knows absolutely nothing about your vehicle and create a forum that's all about you.

That's my opinion of what you can achieve from a good site,-such as this one.

Quick Reply: BBK CAI for 1997-2003 (4.6 & 5.4L)