gibson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile gibson exhaust

where is the best place to buy a cat back gibson setup for my 2002 screw?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 AM
There's better out there than Gibson. I've installed a couple systems, one on a Dodge (SI/SO) and another on a Chevy (DI/DO), and while they fit fine they didn't last long at all. On both of them the mufflers blew out at the seams and on the Dodge the outlet neck on the muffler broke off.

That said, if you're stuck on Gibson I think the Super Truck sounds pretty good. Amazon has the best prices on them by far and free shipping too.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Yeah the supertruck does sound good. I had one on my 97 and loved the sound.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Gibson makes very nice exhausts - key is to get the all stainless versions and they will last the life of your truck.

I have the Dual Sport and love it. Depending on what you want, the swept side is the quietest (2 db higher than stock), then the dual sport/split dual/extreme dual all use the same muffler with different exit points are mid-level sound (4db higher than stock), the loudest is the Supertruck that exits in front of the rear tires and is very loud.

I bought mine from autoanything.com. Free shipping always - the key is that they run sales all the time and you want to buy when one of the sales is going on. Also, it is better to call rather than order online as sometimes they can give deeper discounts over the phone.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: gibson exhaust