little louder please.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010 | 10:13 PM
|
little louder please.....

ok i know pretty much a concensus exists where the smaller the muffler the better. im not looking for that though. i am looking for a si/do system for my truck here in the future. yeah yeah you tube... been there and done that. unfortunately the sound quality can be equated to printing it on toilet paper and flushing it down. essentially what i am looking for is a lil more rumble out of my truck without waking the neighborhood. (various hrs on call means i can work 24/7) so that leaves out the magnapacks and bullets. ive been looking over the banks monster and the gibson systems maybe a borla. not many people here seem to say too much about these systems. is there anyone here who can help with the masses who do not know what to think about these systems??? im sure it will be quieter than packs and louder than stock judging by picturing the muffler body sizes and seeing the you tube vids of the old and new side by side with the manufacturer install videos. all i want is a lil rumble not a lot of bark lol. to best describe it would be the cold start sound when i first fire it up and it goes to fast idle for the first 10 seconds.

oh and by the way i am looking for something in kit form in stainless if you have another suggetion for me... thx

Last edited by papajohn; 06-26-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2010 | 11:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
18" Borla Pro XS or 18" Magnaflow oval body will suit you well.

As for video quality, mine are great. Top notch in sound thanks to an external camcorder mic.

Old 06-27-2010 | 10:28 AM
|
these are some of the kits i have been looking at:

borla 140291
banks monster
gibson 69013

Old 06-27-2010 | 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
18" Borla Pro XS or 18" Magnaflow oval body will suit you well.

As for video quality, mine are great. Top notch in sound thanks to an external camcorder mic.
You mean 14" or 19" right?

Old 06-27-2010 | 12:34 PM

My bro put dual 18" glasspacks on his 4.6L crown vic. The longer pack is a whole lot quieter than the 12" pack videos you find on youtube. It's just enough rumble to make sure you have a V8, but not at all uncomfortable or obnoxious.

Disclaimer: Just to beat the crowd to the punch, Dynomax Bullets are better than generic/name brand "glasspacks". So get Dynomax Bullet(s). My 3" I/O x 16" body Bullet's in the mail!

Old 06-27-2010 | 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlueScrew150
My bro put dual 18" glasspacks on his 4.6L crown vic. The longer pack is a whole lot quieter than the 12" pack videos you find on youtube. It's just enough rumble to make sure you have a V8, but not at all uncomfortable or obnoxious.
......but that doesn't help you much with SI/DO OR the kit part.....

Old 06-28-2010 | 01:00 AM
All I put on my 97 4.6L was a single glasspack to replace the stock muffler, and the people inside the restaurant where i work say they can hear me drive by the back doors. Thats with all 4 of my cats still on. Sounds nice and i didnt break the bank. Im sure you're probly looking for something more though. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-28-2010 | 08:13 AM
|
the people inside the restaurant where i work say they can hear me drive by the back doors
this is the point of what i am asking here. i'm not looking for something super loud. i would like the look of a dual exhaust out the back of my truck but i dont need it to sound like a monster truck rally. i just would like a lil bit of rumble to let me know that something is there. this is why i am asking about some of the kits i mentioned aboved for some opinions unless someone has a SIMILAR suggestion they can give me. oh and i am looking for it to be full stainless not the aluminized garbage. yes i live in new england and want it to last more than 1 year lol.

Old 06-28-2010 | 10:40 PM
As suggested earlier... Magnaflow 11" or 14" oval body, or Borla Pro XS. They are stainless and will last a lifetime.

Old 06-29-2010 | 06:38 AM
Truck of the Month
this is the exact reason I went with the flowmaster 50 series

Old 06-29-2010 | 08:04 AM
I just had this MBRP kit installed on my 06.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&p...4304&make=Ford

Very happy with the sound. I'm in kind of the same situation, wanted something louder but being on call 24/7 meant it had to be within reason.

Quick Reply: little louder please.....