Do I Have This Right?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010 | 02:18 AM
|
Do I Have This Right?

So in the next couple months I'm gonna be getting my exhaust redone. I've been doing some searches on here and watching Youtube.

Darren, yours has been a favorite of mine.

Okay onto my setup. Its basically in my Sig, but here it is again.

05' F150 SuperCrew
- 5.4L Roush SuperCharger Non-I/C
- Roush CAI
- VMP Tuned XCal 2 - 93 Perf

Here is the exhaust I am looking at and the prices I have found so far. Its pretty much based off of Darrens besides I want to go straight out the back. This is Copied from my notepad I have been keeping.

2.5" True Dual

High Flow Cats
X Pipe
Dynomax Bullets
Tips

~~~~~~Parts:~~~~~~~~

X-Pipe:
-- MagnaFlow X (# 10791)
-- Tru-X Stainless Steel Crossover Pipe Tru-X Pipe
-- 2.5 Inlet I.D. ##
-- Dual Inlet/Dual Outlet ##
-- 2.5 x 4 Center Core ##
-- 12 Length
-- Stamped Stainless Steel
-- Close to stock Y

Or

X-Pipe:
-- Ebay Listing
-- 2.5" In/Out
-- Stainless Steel
-- 12" Length
-- 2.5" x 4" Core

High Flow Cats:
-- Magnaflow Cats (# 94106)
-- 2.5" In/Out
-- 15" Length

Dynomax Bullets:
-- 2.5" In/Outlet (# 24215)

Tips:
-- MagnaFlow Exhaust Tips (# 35117)
-- 2.5" inlet, 4" outlet, 18" long, Rolled, Stainless Steel

~~~~~~~Price:~~~~~~~

X-Pipe - $24.95 -- (Ebay -- $24.95)
High Flow - $98.92 -- (PP.com -- $49.46 per)
Bullets - $79.90 -- (Summit -- $39.95 per)
Tips - $96.50 -- (PP.com -- $48.25 per)

Total: $300.27

Performance Peddler Promo: clubgp

How is this setup for a SuperCharger. Couldn't find much information in the search for a good SuperCharger exhaust. Basically free flowing... So I figured this was about as good as it gets.

To note, here is another comment I found when Searching that maybe need some answers too.

From LincolnMarkLT20
I love my 94106 Magnaflow Cats, I had them installed with no 02's, I had them shut off the o2's with a custom tune. One of the best mods I have done.
Is this common practice? What are the Benefits/Negatives? If not, Do you put the 02's before or after the Hi Flows?

And Thanks 4.6 Punisher
Check out performancepeddler.com for your mufflers, tips and X-pipe. Be sure to use the "clubgp" code to get the real prices on the parts.
If anyone has any cheaper prices than this, please post. These prices were using the code on PP, and all without shipping. Just Core Price.

Last Question, going from a SI/DO to this True Dual setup, any need to retune?

Long Post Over haha

Last edited by Shanks12; 07-20-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2010 | 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by Shanks12
How is this setup for a SuperCharger. Couldn't find much information in the search for a good SuperCharger exhaust. Basically free flowing... So I figured this was about as good as it gets.
Ill take this question

First off let me say this will be a badass setup with the high flows...and maybe supercharger? Yes this setup is great for a supercharger, b/c your running 2.5" pipe. And I would be willing to bet you will add longtube headers one day and youll be glad you have true dual exhaust.

Old 07-20-2010 | 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Shanks12
Is this common practice? What are the Benefits/Negatives? If not, Do you put the 02's before or after the Hi Flows?
I'll take this one. I think it is more common to see the O2s not installed on setups with cats deleted. It also probably saves time (money) at the exhaust shop because they don't have to weld up the O2 bungs. The only negative I'm aware of is that you need a tuner to turn off the sensors, otherwise your CEL will be on. If you're going to keep the O2 sensors, they need to be mounted right after the cats. If you do that, no CEL - guaranteed.

Old 07-20-2010 | 10:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by migdaddy
Ill take this question

First off let me say this will be a badass setup with the high flows...and maybe supercharger? Yes this setup is great for a supercharger, b/c your running 2.5" pipe. And I would be willing to bet you will add longtube headers one day and youll be glad you have true dual exhaust.

Thanks Bud... I've been doing a lot of searches on here and YouTube to find the system that I want. There are a couple guys on here that are basically running this setup and it sounds B.A. LongTubes may be in the future, just not sure how close that future really is!

I was starting to wonder if I should run 3" but, I think 2.5" will be sufficient.

Of course, I'm not sure where I would start the 3" if I did a setup like that...

Originally Posted by UNC Lariat
I'll take this one. I think it is more common to see the O2s not installed on setups with cats deleted. It also probably saves time (money) at the exhaust shop because they don't have to weld up the O2 bungs. The only negative I'm aware of is that you need a tuner to turn off the sensors, otherwise your CEL will be on. If you're going to keep the O2 sensors, they need to be mounted right after the cats. If you do that, no CEL - guaranteed.
Thanks man... I wasn't sure how people were doing this. It wasn't really discussed in the other threads I was reading.. So this is mainly done to save money, not really for performance or mpg or anything like that?

Since I won't be getting this done till Oct/Nov, I still have some time to learn a lil more before I make my decision.

Old 07-20-2010 | 10:40 PM
|
DarrenWS6, I stole your video in your sig.. but this is pretty much what it will be like..

Bullet Exhaust Video

Hopefully it will sounds close to this.. SuperCharger will be able to move some more exhaust through so should be even better

Old 07-21-2010 | 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by UNC Lariat
It's completely pointless to spend the time and money on highflow cats and then remove the O2 sensors/tune it.

Straight pipe it, remove sensors, tune...

Old 09-11-2010 | 09:13 PM
|
Okay, just to update this thread... I should be purchasing parts tonight or tomorrow.. and hopefully getting them installed very soon.

Old 09-11-2010 | 10:47 PM
|
Okay.. its ordered..

Old 09-14-2010 | 03:42 PM
|
Update!

well to go ahead and update this..

Well, Bullet's are in... Tips should be here Friday..

Summit sent me a new razor too.. Schick Hydro 5.. Never used one before

Plus sent me a new catalog, a "Blowout special" catalog, and a coupon for $20 off next order over $100. Also sent 2 DynoMax stickers and a bunch of Summit Racing stickers..

Not bad for ordering on Saturday and receiving today. Great experience for my first time ordering through them!

Old 09-14-2010 | 09:32 PM
^ That is an interesting promotional...

Old 09-14-2010 | 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by avfrog
Man, if I drove 45 min to Summit, what would they give me as a promotional?
Can't wait for the vid Shanks.

Old 09-14-2010 | 10:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by avfrog
Yeah, that is kind of what I thought...

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX
Man, if I drove 45 min to Summit, what would they give me as a promotional?
Can't wait for the vid Shanks.
Yep, I can't wait as well... Just need word on my X-Pipe, High Flows... Tips will be in Friday..

Old 09-17-2010 | 05:28 PM
|
Everything is here!!!!

Just got the Tips & High Flows in by the UPS man.. :thumbs:

Then 15 min later the USPS lady shows up with my X-Pipe! :thumbs:

Who's Excited..

:cheers:

Old 09-17-2010 | 05:32 PM
|
Old exhaust video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeNMmnQunoo&hd=1

Okay now a question for you guys... I talked to one muffler place down here and said I need to come down for an estimate.. he was kind of a d**k, so I drove down a local Monroe Muffler & Shock place instead.

They gave me 2 prices. 1 for all bends themselves using a pipe bender (He showed me an example, and it is smooth bent rather than crush bent) or 2 ordering mandrel bent pipes from muffler back and bending the rest themselves.

Option 1: $360.42
Option 2: $408.19

Both of those are with labor, taxes, how they are going to bend pipes, and 02 bungs.

Do these prices sound right? He said if labor was less, he would charge less or if it was more it would be more. But he said this is a pretty good estimate. Seemed like a straight shooter.

Old 09-17-2010 | 05:49 PM
Considering you're providing the cats, mufflers, and tips... That's just a bit high in my neck of the woods (I'm assuming aluminized steel?). Not outrageous, but high none-the-less.