muffler law in texas change???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010 | 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by migdaddy
glasspacks should be illegal everywhere because they sound like ****
Whats wrong with glass packs?
i used to have dynomax superturbo mufflers(Big mistake) there so cheap My truck melted the inside and started to rust(sounded like coke can with keys inside radilling) which also ****ed up my CATS!

Last edited by 5.4T; 08-01-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2010 | 10:31 AM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by 5.4T
Whats wrong with glass packs?
i used to have dynomax superturbo mufflers(Big mistake) there so cheap My truck melted the inside and started to rust(sounded like coke can with keys inside radilling) which also ****ed up my CATS!
Please explain how a bad muffler messed up your cats.

Old 08-01-2010 | 12:23 PM
well the inside broke off and wasnt allowing airflow throught the muffler which backup which didnt allow my truck to have no power, and during this time i didnt have anymoney and ran it for 1year like this after a while it got worst my cats were glowing red! so i just cut the muffler off and ran it with straight pipes, hell the original exhaust could have done better

Old 08-01-2010 | 12:37 PM
Global Moderator &
Thats why you buy Dynomax, that is the size of a "glasspack" and is straight though flow design, but its actually a muffler not a glasspack.

Oh and if they really get picky about it, Its nice to have a vehicle inspector license

Old 08-01-2010 | 10:51 PM
yeah, it does. i've used that before but has expired so i cant anymore.

on another note, i've had a few law men follow me waiting to hear or see me do something wrong. i just chill and when they turn off is when i blip the throttle so they hear me. i can see them cringe in their car afterwards.

Old 08-01-2010 | 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by 05crewzer
yeah, it does. i've used that before but has expired so i cant anymore.

on another note, i've had a few law men follow me waiting to hear or see me do something wrong. i just chill and when they turn off is when i blip the throttle so they hear me. i can see them cringe in their car afterwards.
Do you have a video of your exhaust? I have a SI/DO cherry bomb on my truck right now. But I'm switching to True Dual bullets this week. All my parts will be here tomorrow. Just want to make sure I made the right choice. Because I wanted to go with CB's again.

Old 08-01-2010 | 11:31 PM
yeah, i have some youtube's and a thread i started recently with the videos posted.

on the new exhaust, you are making the right choice. i am also doing true duals hopefully in the next few weeks but bullets are far more quality than cherry bombs!!! they will sound so much better and you will be very happy.

dude, DO the bullets and dont think twice! then post a video so i can follow the same.

edit: check youtube user id 05crewzer and can see the ones i took. some have windows down and windows up.

Last edited by 05crewzer; 08-01-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2010 | 11:51 PM
Alright man i'll get a video up as soon as mine goes on. Granted i don't have LT's so i'm not gonna sound as loud as you. But i do have a SC so that should make up for some ground.

Old 08-02-2010 | 12:11 AM
i have a glass pack on my truck and personally love the sound. Plus i dont think ive ever really gotten a second look from the cops for it. Which that also really makes me consider getting a "illegal" tint on my windows to keep my truck much cooler during these wonderful texas summers. Also, i had my truck inspected in pretty much downtown Austin a couple months ago and didnt get any problems with it. Only issue was with reprogramming my pcm back to stock with my gryphon causing systems to reset. So after a week, all systems but my cats were responding and i got a pass

Old 08-02-2010 | 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by MRLSU2U
Alright man i'll get a video up as soon as mine goes on. Granted i don't have LT's so i'm not gonna sound as loud as you. But i do have a SC so that should make up for some ground.
cool. yeah the lt's def make it louder but you'll be fine. and with the sc, you have a whole other sound to love and enjoy! let me know when you get yours done.

Old 08-02-2010 | 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
Its nice to have a vehicle inspector license
it is isnt it?!

Quick Reply: muffler law in texas change???