Help K&N !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010 | 09:36 AM
Global Moderator &
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
these posts crack me up jim-on my 8 companty vans with well over 1 million miles-all have k&n filters cleaned once a year, amsoil 25 k mile oil changes, and i have zero issues with mafs-or the tb or the engine
Yep, I know.

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avfrog
^ How do you know you got dirt pass it? How do you know the filter wasn't seated right? It may not have been oiled right. You never have to buy an other filter, and that is "worth it" to some people.
It was a CAI, after a few months I took the filter off and checked everything out and there was a fine coat of dust on the inside of the intake tube. Id rather spend 15 bucks once a year than take a chance with my engine. I spent $250 on the CAI, that = 16 paper filters, which most people don't keep a vehicle 16 years. So that just doesn't make it worth it in my book.
And you will get stories from each side, some guys saying I have 10 billion miles on my car with no issues, and others that have issues and have seen no benefit what-so-ever from using them. But, if the guys with engineering degrees say to use a filter with a felt edge-then maybe you should.

Last edited by JasonFX4; 08-06-2010 at 12:17 PM.