pace setter high flows and true duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010 | 08:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Lets try this. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just stating what can and has been done, - understand ? So if you were to find a set cheap online, -say from a 5four/4six stang or whatnot, you could make them work. It's not that hard if your set up for it, or have a guy that is. It's another alternative. Like it or leave it.

Old 09-13-2010 | 08:36 AM
No hard feelings. Was just trying to educate myself!

Old 09-13-2010 | 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by pat28
No hard feelings. Was just trying to educate myself!
No problem, I'm not sure what's all involved. By turning, I mean for instance - # 2 and 3 might need turning or replacing to clear the cab, frame or what ever might be in the way.

Old 09-13-2010 | 07:48 PM
|
jbrew youve helped me alot on this site just wanted to say thanks and to all others who have also helped... idk if i misread your message when you said dynatech are the best youl get nothing under your foot. did you mean with dynatech i wont get anything under my foot or what??? i am looking into hi flow magnaflows like you said.. another question wouldnt a xpipe be better than a y for the power issue??

Old 09-13-2010 | 08:35 PM
^ Are you running duals or single? Y pipe is for single, X pipe is for duals. jbrew was suggesting that you run a single 2.5" mid pipe with an OBX Y pipe in place of the stock Y pipe for better performance. You only need an X pipe if your going to run true duals.

Old 09-14-2010 | 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by outlawbred
jbrew youve helped me alot on this site just wanted to say thanks and to all others who have also helped... idk if i misread your message when you said dynatech are the best youl get nothing under your foot. did you mean with dynatech i wont get anything under my foot or what??? i am looking into hi flow magnaflows like you said.. another question wouldnt a xpipe be better than a y for the power issue??

Dis regard my post about that- I've been under the wrong impression about Dynatech and OBX I guess. Been out of the loop. It used to be Dynatech was more than just a name. I've read in the past on a few occasion that sound and heat inside the cab, from down under can be an issue with OBX systems. It could be that these individuals didn't install correctly.

I don't know how that can be true if both manufacturer use the same hardware. I can see why their cheeper in price, - the quality isn't takin a hit. It's cheaper for OBX to make a set . Which actually works in everyones favor that's in the market for set.

Last edited by jbrew; 09-14-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-14-2010 | 04:36 PM
|
im running duals not single.. so beens im running duals i should run a x pipe to solve the power issue??? and does anyone have a link for a OBX header set that comes with everything you need excluding the cats?? does anyone have a link for a not so pricy dynatech header kit also??? i understand that the two are the same things but i like buyin american made and ivel also heard the welds on OBXs crack.. thanks guys

Old 09-14-2010 | 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by outlawbred
im running duals not single.. so beens im running duals i should run a x pipe to solve the power issue??? and does anyone have a link for a OBX header set that comes with everything you need excluding the cats?? does anyone have a link for a not so pricy dynatech header kit also??? i understand that the two are the same things but i like buyin american made and ivel also heard the welds on OBXs crack.. thanks guys
You know what, come to think of it, there's a Dynatech header install on the site from a few years back. These Dynatechs LTH's didn't look like the OBX's from what I recall , I'll have to check it out again.

Outlawbred, I can't remember the users name, Texas something I think ? Idunno. Try looking up Dynatech Bassani install. This guy ran dual system , Bassani's on a lightning (Pretty sure). Awesome as hell pics, real clear and a step by step.

I'll look for it later when I more time, but yea, this is the site. It may be in the lightnings forum. Or google it lol.

Last edited by jbrew; 09-14-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2010 | 08:15 PM
Found it -

Yea, don't use the search bar on this site, it blows lol. - Google found it right away.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...-2003-a-2.html

Quick Reply: pace setter high flows and true duals