OBX Longtubes going in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irons1n,
So you posted you have a SI/DO Saleen on yours now, are you still running the OBX headers? But with a Y-pipe now?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Blackout07: Ill trade you my two 18'' bullets for your 22

Picture wise download irfanview or something similar to resize the image. Usually gets my 2mb pictures into the 500kb range

Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackOut07
So I have the headers, resonators and 22" Maggie exiting before the rear tires. It looks awesome and ill get some pics up but its SOOOOOO quiet you can barely hear it at all, inside and out. I'm kind of disappointed as to how quiet it is actually. I will be putting a supercharger on in January or February though so maybe that will give it a little more sound on acceleration, hopefully!
Give it time, it will get louder as the packing wears in. Did you do 3.5" tips? My 14s were way to quiet at first, after about a month (i dont really drive much) it got louder and sounded to my liking. The 18" I had was to loud even when brand new. I also have a whipple on my truck so that may or may not affect it..

Originally Posted by daparrothead
Irons1n,
So you posted you have a SI/DO Saleen on yours now, are you still running the OBX headers? But with a Y-pipe now?
I took out my x pipe and all that and used the OBX provided Y pipe. That goes into the saleen muffler then dual out of that. Still have OBX headers with no cats. I get alot of people who give me complements on the sound. I love it now. They have 2 styles of exits with the saleen. I have the one that you need the side skirts for because it exits before the rear tire on both sides. I think they are the same muffler sound but I'm not for sure on that.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I just put a Magnafow SI/DO on mine last week and love the way it sounds, I don't want it much louder. I have a guy trying to make me a killer deal on a set of OBX Lt's with cat's & their Y-pipe and was considering doing just what you have done. What tuner are you using? Which Tune?

Old 12-24-2010, 08:56 PM
3.5" tips, and yeah i think when it breaks in it will sound awesome, the setup looks wicked I cant wait to get some pics up! If it never gets to my liking im going to take the resonators out and put on header extenders and weld bungs on it for more growl. Also cheaper and easier than getting a different muffler. But sitting inside the truck while idling you feel a very deep rumble through out the truck, not noise, pure rumble!

Oh and I forgot to tell yall I ran the crossover behind the transmission, and I put in a set of SS manual cutouts! And I had everything done for $250, I had the muffler, tips, and cutouts already.

I am running my edge evo on the extreme but I made a few custom modifications to the extreme tune to run better with the headers and 93 octane i run.

ANDDDD come january I am putting the vortech and 12lb pulley on along with 4.88's!!!! My next set of tires which is coming soon will be 35's, I cant wait.

Quick Reply: OBX Longtubes going in!!!