shop wants $500 just to run pipes!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010 | 12:35 AM
|
Originally Posted by kaboom10
That's what I want to do to mine. Where did you get it? I want true duals with an x pipe. I found chambered pipe mufflers that are like the old corvette side exhaust.
it was shanks12 truck (thanks BTW!). im wondering if i did go with aluminized and painted it before salt got on it, if it would be ok? some high heat rustoleum should work right? i could go to NAPA, pick up the pipes and just put in my own X pipe and packs and call it a day. maybe i can get my buddy to help this weekend!?! HmmmMm
just getting engaged and having a baby in june, i really dont think i should blow 500 bucks on an exhaust?

Old 12-31-2010 | 01:03 PM
check out this site and tell me what you think

http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/

Old 12-31-2010 | 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by 88rxn/a
it was shanks12 truck (thanks BTW!). im wondering if i did go with aluminized and painted it before salt got on it, if it would be ok? some high heat rustoleum should work right? i could go to NAPA, pick up the pipes and just put in my own X pipe and packs and call it a day. maybe i can get my buddy to help this weekend!?! HmmmMm
just getting engaged and having a baby in june, i really dont think i should blow 500 bucks on an exhaust?
Your welcome bud!

I keep my truck pretty clean and then when I get the time hopefully within the next month I'll get under the truck and paint all the pipes... I don't drive it much so I should be okay for a while!

Old 12-31-2010 | 04:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by pintye30
check out this site and tell me what you think

http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/

holy cow! nice find!

that would be the deal breaker if i didnt have the catback already! thanks! i did go to NAPA and got one 90 degree elbow and two 5 foot sections of pipe for $55.
the only part that worries me is the drivers side exit looks like it has a little section between the 90 and X-over to keep the X-over straight/level. other than that i have 2 butt welds and the rest are all ID and OD so they pop right into each other. im going to PM shank to see if he can get a better pic of what im talking about. if my buddy isnt to hungover im doing this tomorrow. if not it will be sunday morning. im pumped to here the packs in real life finally!

Old 12-31-2010 | 05:05 PM
You seem to be the only one who isnt negitive!!! I try to tell people about the site and they start throwing negitive words out.

Originally Posted by 88rxn/a
holy cow! nice find!

that would be the deal breaker if i didnt have the catback already! thanks! i did go to NAPA and got one 90 degree elbow and two 5 foot sections of pipe for $55.
the only part that worries me is the drivers side exit looks like it has a little section between the 90 and X-over to keep the X-over straight/level. other than that i have 2 butt welds and the rest are all ID and OD so they pop right into each other. im going to PM shank to see if he can get a better pic of what im talking about. if my buddy isnt to hungover im doing this tomorrow. if not it will be sunday morning. im pumped to here the packs in real life finally!

Old 01-02-2011 | 04:03 PM
|
packs are on! sounds good! i couldn't get the X-over on due to not having the right bends. this summer ill have a shop throw it in for me though.
same amount of drone as the last exhaust but a much meaner growl!

Quick Reply: shop wants $500 just to run pipes!