Gotts mod removal??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotts mod removal??

I have the DVM/gotts mod on my '07 5.4. with 48,xxx miles. I'm having Ford flush and fill my tranny, replace the fuel filter and oil/filter change on Saturday. Should I replace the stock intake while Ford does the work so they don't slap my wrist for doing the mod? Or do they not give a crap about a gotts mod?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will probably not notice it.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by BigTerp
I have the DVM/gotts mod on my '07 5.4. with 48,xxx miles. I'm having Ford flush and fill my tranny, replace the fuel filter and oil/filter change on Saturday. Should I replace the stock intake while Ford does the work so they don't slap my wrist for doing the mod? Or do they not give a crap about a gotts mod?
Don't know yours, but mine's been through the shop with this and no word was mentioned. They checked it for warranty and recalls and stuff, serviced the brakes, new pads all around, and gave her a clean bill of health. It's what was on the truck when I purchased it.

I bought a stock inlet tub and snorkle cheap off ebay, tried it, seemed to hurt it, so I went back?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbear853
Don't know yours, but mine's been through the shop with this and no word was mentioned. They checked it for warranty and recalls and stuff, serviced the brakes, new pads all around, and gave her a clean bill of health. It's what was on the truck when I purchased it.

I bought a stock inlet tub and snorkle cheap off ebay, tried it, seemed to hurt it, so I went back?
DAMN!!! I like the look of that. I only replaced the snorkle portion of mine with a 3" DVM pipe that fits right into the fender wall. How is the sound of yours since you don't have the resonator that comes with the stock intake??

Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by BigTerp
DAMN!!! I like the look of that. I only replaced the snorkle portion of mine with a 3" DVM pipe that fits right into the fender wall. How is the sound of yours since you don't have the resonator that comes with the stock intake??
Noise isn't bad at all, a little louder than stock but not opbjectionable ...
... as the actual intake is in the fender where the stock one is ...
... but it does have a bigger inlet diameter piece that snapped into the hole leading out into the fender.

The tube is aluminum, the elbow and flex piece some kind of silicone rubber. There is also an adapter that fits the stock box and the kit came with a special foam filter. Thicker than K&N.

It's called a " TRUE/FLOW ". I looked it up once, the original owner paid good money for it as I recall.

The metal tube part has a tab that attaches to the stock suppotrt with a bolt, I added a rubber isolator set up there. I also removed the clamp at the inlet out near the fender as the red silicone rubber tube is pretty snug on the piece and has room to move with engine torque reaction.

I have a std Purolator filter in it now, the extra stock box I got off ebay had a K&N for comparison. I'll likely clean the True/Flow foam element and reuse soon, not sure about the K&N.

It does match the truck pretty well. Thanks!

Last edited by tbear853; 01-07-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tbear853

That does look good

Old 01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Arrow

Thanks! I liked the looks when I first saw it already on the truck. My reason for trying a stock one was to see what difference there was, the stock set up complete with box and K&N was about $20 off ebay plus shipping. It's hanging in the basement now, could have saved that money ....

I looked it up, it's a True Flow Mfg# 20502, it's near $250 here. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QT1320502.html

TRUE FLOW SEALED AIR INTAKE SYSTEM -- Not legal in California and other states adopting California Emissions Standards; Not for sale or use in California and other states adopting California Emissions Standards; Cannot be shipped to California and such states; A Unique departure from the traditional intake system. The factory air box is kept in place while replacing your stock air filter with True Flow's high flow, foam air filter and replacing your factory air tube, that can be restricting, with True Flow's powder coated, mandrel bent tube with reinforced silicone couplers to maximize velocity. Comes with all necessary hardware. No modifications are needed. Retains all factory breathers, sensors and hoses.
In the picture you can see two red hoses, (the 90 degree hose is molded at 90 degrees, the short straight has three SS rings that keep it's form
) the adapter to the stock filter box, the long aluminum tube that's powdercoated grey, the nice plush foam filter, 4 clamps, AND the larger diameter insert that snaps into the inner fender in place of stock. This particular one does not have any bent tubing, mandrel or otherwise but other kits do.

The filter is a nice one, I just need to clean it good and service it and was going on a 1000 mile trip over the holidays so I po[pped a new paper one in there temporary.

Last edited by tbear853; 01-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Gotts mod removal??