Passing Smog ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011 | 10:45 PM
|
Passing Smog ?s

My truck is going to be registered in NV in a couple months and I have to have it smogged before registering.

Will I pass smog with long tube headers w/resonators? My guess is no

Will I pass with hi-flows?

I know not to detune to the stock file because I'll for sure fail smog if I return to stock and take it right in, I just want to know IF I could pass with the resonators and if not, 94106's here I come?

Old 01-07-2011 | 11:41 PM
I would definitely say no with the resonators if they do the "sniff test". There are members on here that have passed with high flows but I have not read a single thread where a smog was passed with resonators but I could be wrong... I live in Phx and have LT's w/ high flows and we'll see in April if I pass (fingers crossed). I am venturing a guess that ur truck sounds amazing with resonators GL.

P.S. If ur resonators are clamped on u might as well get a pair of 94106's and clamp them in for emissions and take em off afterwards...Just a thought.

Old 01-08-2011 | 03:53 AM
|
Yeah they sound like sex and the resonators brings a smile to my face everytime, makes my friends giggle embarassingly enough. I get thumbs up and waves from and the sort from, children, grown adults and the women

My resonators are bolted to the long tubes which are welded to the piping of my true dual exhaust. May have to get some exhaust work done again

Quick Reply: Passing Smog ?s