Need a How To: Install headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a How To: Install headers

I'm sure it is fairly straight forward but I looked everywhere and can't find anything on a step by step or a how to install headers. Anyone have a link or a write up that would help me. Doing them this Saturday. We will have a lift available, is that something that would make it easier or is on the ground jacked up fine?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have a lift use it. Ive done Long tube headers on a 2wd (mine) and shorties on a 4wd truck (bosses). Both are basically the same.

You need to do (not totally in this order)
Disconect battery
Remove both front tires
Remove both front wheel well covers
Remove starter
Remove oil dipstick tube
Unbolt down pipes from manifolds
Move downpipes out of the way the best you can, the exhaust can be disassembled if need be (factory exhaust anyway)
remove exhaust manifolds, bolts are easiest to remove from under the truck and through wheel well.
some of the exhaust studs from the passanger side will need to be removed to take out the manifold. You can also jack up the motor to make more room if need be.
You can reuse the stock stud/nuts if you want also I did
Install headers and new header gaskets
Modify downpipe and exhaust for long tubes or just bolt up exhaust if short tubes
Then just put it all back together.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM me your email and I'll send you a how to with pictures and all, if not just email dynatech for the installation manual for the f150 04-08 long tube header kits

Quick Reply: Need a How To: Install headers