01 5.4 4x4 long tube header options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yea, here's a reply w/# -

Thanks for your purchase of Exhaust Headers 99-03 Ford F150 2WD 4WD Long Tube, part#70-2227 . Your order will ship via FedEx Ground service directly from the manufacturer. I will email you again with tracking info. as soon as it is available.

We appreciate your business!

Regards,

Old 01-30-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Haha nice, you get right to the point don't ya? I think I may have found a set on ebay, 495 plus 30 shipping for obx stainless.. sound about right?
sparktechmotorsports has 'em cheaper

Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Klitch
Is your truck 4 wheel drive?

did you even bother looking at his sig or pictures of his truck????

Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nah dude its been 3 years, I ordered the harley davidson set so I didnt get a Y pipe, I made extensions to get the crossover/midpipe back behind the t-case is all I did.

trucks 4wd, I think I paid just under 400. Fitment was fine, learned quickly that only fingering in a few threads for the new header bolts worked much better than trying to fight in each bolt all the way.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
Nah dude, its the under acheiver or something, its not 3 foot higher than it needs to be so nobody even notices whats done to it

Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tarajerame
Hahaha yeah I had that one coming and no i didn't, i'm about as observant as a rock sometimes- just ask my wife! It cooouuuld be a so-cal truck, I lived down there for a while and some of the guys would have monstrous trucks-12 inches of lift etc and i'd look under and sure enough- all show, no go.. anyways, I know pace setter has a set that will fit 4wd without any modifying, but to be honest i'm not super impressed with the build quality of them. They leak and the flanges seems thinner then other ones I have seen.. So if I go the OBX route, will I have to fab up some kind of midpipe to make it fit?

Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I should add that the PC headers I have are not stainless, they are the black painted ones-- on there when i got the truck..

Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM
^ Yep.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 PM
while i'm at it, i also want to get your guys advice for the rest of the exhaust. Whoever did the exhaust setup on this truck I think was on crack. It has a blower pushin 8 psi into the pacesetter headers y'd down to a single 3 inch pipe into a 3" si/so muffler. So when I put the new headers on it should i run smaller duals-say 2.5", all the way out? Would running dual 3" out kill my low end? It seems to run dual 3" all the way would be too much for the mediocre horsepower i'm pushing right now.. So if it was your truck, what setup would you do from the heads back? Keep in mind I have the actual lightning engine, not the stock 5.4....

Old 01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I should add that the PC headers I have are not stainless, they are the black painted ones-- on there when i got the truck..
Right, that's the set I have. You have to coat those with Calyx for them not to rust. This crap -

http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=2492

Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Right, that's the set I have. You have to coat those with Calyx for them not to rust. This crap -

http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=2492
wow I have never seen that stuff before.. How much did you use to do your full set?

P.S. Thanks for all the replies everyone! This is very helpful stuff!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 PM
while i'm at it, i also want to get your guys advice for the rest of the exhaust. Whoever did the exhaust setup on this truck I think was on crack. It has a blower pushin 8 psi into the pacesetter headers y'd down to a single 3 inch pipe into a 3" si/so muffler. So when I put the new headers on it should i run smaller duals-say 2.5", all the way out? Would running dual 3" out kill my low end? It seems to run dual 3" all the way would be too much for the mediocre horsepower i'm pushing right now.. So if it was your truck, what setup would you do from the heads back? Keep in mind I have the actual lightning engine, not the stock 5.4....
Thats a very bad question to ask. Mines pretty much open as it gets.

OBX LT's, OBX resonators, Dualed with splittable H pipe (home made) and home made 100% stainless steel "glass pack" style muffler 4x10".

Check out some of my vids.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Thats a very bad question to ask. Mines pretty much open as it gets.

OBX LT's, OBX resonators, Dualed with splittable H pipe (home made) and home made 100% stainless steel "glass pack" style muffler 4x10".

Check out some of my vids.
So u think running dual 3" all the way back would be fine? I guess I don't know what you mean.. ? I just know that I ran my truck open without any muffler for about a week and my lowend was gone.. ??

Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
You're never going to be fully satisfied with someone telling you 2.5" or 3". You will be fine with 2.5" dualed, I'd keep that as your bare minimum.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 PM
You're never going to be fully satisfied with someone telling you 2.5" or 3". You will be fine with 2.5" dualed, I'd keep that as your bare minimum.
Oh yeah I totally agree with you on not goin smaller then 2.5, but I am just trying to figure out how to maximize my horsepower and torque. I don't want to run dual 3" and then find out I lost low end power.. so from a statistical standpoint, is there a risk of losing power by having dual 3"? Or am I good to go?

Quick Reply: 01 5.4 4x4 long tube header options?