cai with stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011 | 06:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by mintunit
Bluejay, ive got an 04 with the gotts mod. i see youve got a custom tuned edge. wondering what tune you have? id like to run the same setup.
He runs a 87 performance tune that Bill@PHP wrote for him, while Bill was working at Edge.

So if you want you'll have to contact PHP to get your evolution upgraded to a Gryphon along with custom tunes....
link is in my Sig.

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
I only asked you to perform a simple task to get the information that you are looking for...

Just do what I asked and have your horizons broadened....
That's all.
I understand what your saying. But I am a skeptic when it comes to trying to get informative information from people. In other words, yes these people are "tuners" who have "seen" these issues over and over. BUT, they are also "salesman" who are trying to sell a product. I personally believe them enough that I took my CAI off. But that was 49% belief in the tuners, and 51% not all that satisfied with the HP gains of the intake anyhow. What the tuners are saying is most likely gospel as far as the lean condition. I just want to bring to some peoples attention that I personally have asked for and not gotten hard evidence of an engine failure due to a CAI. I feel telling someone that a CAI might cause an issue, but hasnt caused a known one to date is informative. I feel it guides the person into understanding that even though it may not be the best scenario, it should be fine until they tune for it. Ya know, just trying to help someone out.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:14 AM
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:19 AM
Great info, so prolly should avoid Volant and Airaid. Are they both both larger than 3" tube? or just the Volant?

Old 02-09-2011 | 09:24 AM
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:26 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by mintunit
Bluejay, ive got an 04 with the gotts mod. i see youve got a custom tuned edge. wondering what tune you have? id like to run the same setup.
Yes, as stated, I have the PHP Gryphon 87 Perf and 93 Perf tunes. The difference is that they are installed on an Edge that was not converted to a Gryphon. This is because I got them from Bill during the short period that he was programming Edges before Edge realized it would cause them to lose their CARB certification. Bill quickly worked out the deal to repackage the Edge into a Gryphon so he could then reprogram without harming Edge.

Old 02-10-2011 | 05:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by shakin
I understand what your saying. But I am a skeptic when it comes to trying to get informative information from people. In other words, yes these people are "tuners" who have "seen" these issues over and over. BUT, they are also "salesman" who are trying to sell a product. I personally believe them enough that I took my CAI off. But that was 49% belief in the tuners, and 51% not all that satisfied with the HP gains of the intake anyhow. What the tuners are saying is most likely gospel as far as the lean condition. I just want to bring to some peoples attention that I personally have asked for and not gotten hard evidence of an engine failure due to a CAI. I feel telling someone that a CAI might cause an issue, but hasnt caused a known one to date is informative. I feel it guides the person into understanding that even though it may not be the best scenario, it should be fine until they tune for it. Ya know, just trying to help someone out.
The most I can now offer to you as far as advice is to go get yourself a wideband and take your own A/F readings.....

Old 02-11-2011 | 09:53 AM
|
Well folks I have ordered a diablosport predator programmer as it has canned tunes for Cai with option to upgrade to custom tunes in the future for 285 from autoanything.com. should be getting it Monday and will post after I get it programmed with results. I realize some may like their progrAmmers better than that one, but it seemed to offer a lot for a reasonable price. Happy Friday to all.

Old 02-23-2013 | 01:11 PM
Suspended
Just curious, those that say u must have a tune or u will run lean, what should ur A/F rating be at to run lean? And post up ur data logging, dyno graph of lean conditions please...

Old 02-23-2013 | 02:35 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Bullet85_
Just curious, those that say u must have a tune or u will run lean, what should ur A/F rating be at to run lean? And post up ur data logging, dyno graph of lean conditions please...

well lookie here, we've got another nay sayer

so I vote that he goes ahead and proves us all wrong by running his truck with the hot air intake even though he already knows the motor is gonna blow

Old 02-23-2013 | 02:46 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by tarajerame
well lookie here, we've got another nay sayer

so I vote that he goes ahead and proves us all wrong by running his truck with the hot air intake even though he already knows the motor is gonna blow
Where did i say the word "NO"? I simply said post up your A/F readings with a CAI on stock tune...Im starting to find this forum not a friendly community

Old 02-23-2013 | 03:01 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Bullet85_
Where did i say the word "NO"? I simply said post up your A/F readings with a CAI on stock tune...Im starting to find this forum not a friendly community
really??

so because 90% of the forum members come and go, the "regulars" show proof over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to newbies like yourself

only to get asked the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over get the point??

now, honestly the best thing to do if you do not have a wide band, nor the desire to purchase one is to PM / email one of the members who's posted up about the issue they had with thier truck and see if they have the info you are requesting

if that's unfriendly to you, then I'll bid you good day

Old 02-23-2013 | 03:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by tarajerame
really??

so because 90% of the forum members come and go, the "regulars" show proof over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to newbies like yourself

only to get asked the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over get the point??

now, honestly the best thing to do if you do not have a wide band, nor the desire to purchase one is to PM / email one of the members who's posted up about the issue they had with thier truck and see if they have the info you are requesting

if that's unfriendly to you, then I'll bid you good day
Im def not a "newbie" when it comes to forums....I dont know why you have to act like a little kid about things....U need to go sit down an have a beer or something sir....I asked a question that was it....Im not the one imposing gun control...Be mad at that person lol....You dont have to bid me a good day(goodbye)....I was not being rude nor callous....

Quick Reply: cai with stock tune?