headers or no headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is ridiculous.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
This dude is hardheaded. He asked for some advise but still saying his Ford friend says different. Then why don't he just crawl back under his rock and go with his Ford friend.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Suspended
SEEMS AS IF SOME PEOPLE CANT READ and dont UNDERSTAND WHAT SOMEONE POSTS I AM NOT argueing with anyone i wanted to see what others thought of what a moronic ford mechanic told me i never said i believed it with all this in mind it goes to show you what kinda mechanic works on your truck when you take it to the dealership i also had another mechanic tell me to check my fuel pressure and told me the fuel check port is on the fuel rail around the intake manifold on a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 cyl but i also found out he was wrong the 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4cyl does not have a fuel check port now with all this in mind you never know who is gonna work on your vehicle at a dealership

Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by f150suds
SEEMS AS IF SOME PEOPLE CANT READ and dont UNDERSTAND WHAT SOMEONE POSTS I AM NOT argueing with anyone i wanted to see what others thought of what a moronic ford mechanic told me i never said i believed it with all this in mind it goes to show you what kinda mechanic works on your truck when you take it to the dealership i also had another mechanic tell me to check my fuel pressure and told me the fuel check port is on the fuel rail around the intake manifold on a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 cyl but i also found out he was wrong the 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4cyl does not have a fuel check port now with all this in mind you never know who is gonna work on your vehicle at a dealership
FYI, I work on my own. I don't allow anyone else to touch my truck. Dealerships mechanics will tell you anything. They are as dumb as our President.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by f150suds
you are not suppose to judge people anyway i dont care if someone came in and TyPeD lIkE ThIs YoU GuYs nEeD tO sToP TrYInG To AcT LiKe a ScHoOl tEaChEr AnD ReAd WhAt pEoPlE pOsT AnD ShUt AlL ThAT B.S UP. PERIOD
Actually, NOBODY HAS to read anything on here that other people post. We read posts so we can learn or help out others. As was brought out before, you are only making enemies and people that will put you on their ignore list. You get what you give man... If you want us to "shut all that b.s. up", we will, and you can get all your advice from your mechanic friend and have a sub-par truck to everyone on this forum because of it... (sub-par means bad) peace

Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
^^ x2!!!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Suspended
WOW I AM SPEECHLESS I GUESS YOU REALLY TOLD ME LISTEN GUYS I WOULD NEVER POKE FUN AT ANYONE WHO CANT TYPE OR DONT USE QUOTATION MARKS I MEAN IT MAKES NO SENSE I GUESS IF YOU HAVE A Narcissistic PERSONALITY YOU CANT HELP IT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE RESET BUTTON LOCATION IS ON A RAZOR SCOOTER IS ??????????????

Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Sweet Jebus!!!!! My head hurts from trying to read your posts use the correct punctuation and maybe the people trying to help you won't think you are a troll or some kid trying to stir the pot.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Suspended
Sweet Jebus!!!!! My head hurts from trying to read your posts use the correct punctuation and maybe the people trying to help you won't think you are a troll or some kid trying to stir the pot THIS IS SO DAM FUNNY I GOT AL THE INFO I NEED NOW IF YOU DONT HAVE SENSE ENOUGH TO READ A POST THEN DONT READ IT AND NEVER COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE SENSE ENOUGH TO STOP READING IT WITHOUT YOUR HEAD HURTING SILLY SILLY BOY

Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by 06F150STX
FYI, I work on my own. I don't allow anyone else to touch my truck. Dealerships mechanics will tell you anything. They are as dumb as our President.
Well said

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 AM
To answer your question...

Since I (as well as some others have) installed long tube headers over the factory manifolds can tell you they have a significant increase in power. The dyno i did directly after installing gained 27hp and 32lb tq. That was with high flow cats too.

As far as your mechanic is, he doesnt know crap. If he is referring to shorty headers he may be right. They dont help any over factory except for sound. If he actually meant long tubes then i would not trust that mechanic more than my 7 year old. (and he loves it when i floor it!)

Dude seriously though, it doesnt take anyone to use spell check to see you have no regard for punctuation in any manner. Not that it directly makes an impact on you but is extremely difficult to understand. For that matter, i had to read your post a few times just to understand what you had put. Totally made no sense at all. Wouldn't suprise me if you were in your teens.

I will be more than glad to help you in your decision to add or not add headers but i am not sure your digesting the info your receiving. None of the people here are ford sponsored or such but just enthusiast that love our trucks and enjoy knowledge from our fellow friends.

Do not get an attitude when some try to help. You will be wasting your time and get nothing from your quest of info here. If you have more questions please ask me and i will gladly help but keep it real man.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:55 AM
^Very gracious and well said.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:11 AM
I've only noticed slight gains from *only* adding headers. When tuning for the headers, the increase is very worth the trouble.

Puncuation is very important. Please use some!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Yet another good thread from the punctuation king.

Quick Reply: headers or no headers