New tailpipe location

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by migdaddy
should have moved the tip closer to the tire. I personally thinks its very ugly.
I agree, and that muffler is NOT a high flow muffler.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Chironate, this is a very opinionated bunch. It's your truck, as long as you like it, so be it.

Not a big fan of any of the black wheels.

I like the exhaust. Funny how it looks like the one on my 1997 F150 from the factory.

Keep on trucking, it's all good.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
Sorry Chironate, this is a very opinionated bunch. It's your truck, as long as you like it, so be it. Not a big fan of any of the black wheels.I like the exhaust. Funny how it looks like the one on my 1997 F150 from the factory. Keep on trucking, it's all good.
That nascar edition is pretty sharp, do you have one?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 PM
no its the stock 97 they dump there, some even had short enough tips u got burns on paint they started fixing that out of factory after a couple thousand got out

(i have a 97)

Old 03-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by 97forlife
no its the stock 97 they dump there, some even had short enough tips u got burns on paint they started fixing that out of factory after a couple thousand got out (i have a 97)
I read somewhere about the recall on that, it discolored the wheels also. I thought just the nascar edition got that exhaust setup.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by chiaronate
I had it put on that way because i was undecided about dual tips. everyone on here must have the winter blues because youre being doushebags. critisizm is one thing, but it seems like youre not happy with your lives and you found something to complain about. maybe ill post more pictures when the weather is nice and moods are better.
hahaha tell em whats up man

Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drop the truck, take off the running board steps and your good to go. That muffler will outflow stock

Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 AM
^x2 I don't think it looks too bad, I like it because it makes the back end look cleaner with no tail pipe. But I am bias as my exhaust is dumped over the axle. I don't really know the direction your going with your truck but if you leveled it some way either lift the front or lower the rear it will look a 100 times better.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 AM
I assume the truck isnt a 4x4. But you could make those wheels work if u leveled and lowered the truck a bit. First off, pull the blocks off the back axle and go from there. Im thinking it will pretty decent if u do that.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by chiaronate
I read somewhere about the recall on that, it discolored the wheels also. I thought just the nascar edition got that exhaust setup.
nope my 97 xlt as seen below came like that, i dumped it under cab now but thats cuz theres no room for it

Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Well I like it and I'm happy with it. The thing that aggravates me is I'm sometimes not on here for months at a time, and then the very same day I post a comment or start a new thread the same handful of clowns are lurking around the corner and waiting to complain about something. I'm not going to name names but they know who they are. This forum isn't as bad as some of the other ones, fordtrucks.com comes to mind..there are lots of immature people on there. I still like this forum, it has loads of good information and decent people to get ideas from. You get the bad with the good with just about anything.
My truck is a 4x4, I took the decals off so that it would look cleaner. I don't want to change the ride height because I don't want to lose usefulness, and I like how it sits high. I'm happy with it and I'm done changing things for now..I have other things I need to spend money on. I agree however that it would also look pretty nice leveled and lowered, I've seen some nice pictures on here.

Quick Reply: New tailpipe location