Bad high flow cat

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Uin2it
Just got off the phone with Magnaflow (45min conversation)
Turns out the 94106 Cat is made for OBD-I and NOT for our 05+ trucks that are OBD-II....
This wrong cat help accelerate the process of it going bad along with my miss in two Cylinders.

The hi-flow cat MAGNAFLOW Tech rep recommended is this one: 9906HM or the 99036HM for one with an o2 port.

if you need to spend the extra bucks on a better high material cat the 47106 cat is made for OBDII systems.
That is an interesting reading. There are members whom had never reported misfire issues with no cats, so the OBD system being at fault from the cat design is a little up in the air with me. Could be, maybe its not though. That cat is an interesting reading, that is what comes with the direct fit replacements I want to say. Will not be as loud as the little 94000 series 106 units though.

Old 08-03-2011 | 05:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Uin2it
I realize that.......Yours saying I should just pull the cats off all together instead of trying to replace them?
I was saying you could turn them off....not remove the cats....

Old 08-03-2011 | 06:51 PM
could this be my problem?????? i have a bad rattling in my passenger side cat and weve been trying to pinpoing the issue for a while and itll rattle occasionally when i go in reverse and take off but it mainly rattles at high rpms and idle. my drivers side cat is installed different than the passenger side the drivers side is installed with the sides of the cat facing towards the ground and sky. the passenger is mounted with the sides of the cat facing to the sides.....

Quick Reply: Bad high flow cat