Best Price for Gibson Cat-Backs

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Price for Gibson Cat-Backs

Where is a good place off the net to get a Gibson Cat-Back? I am looking for good price/maybe free shipping on a Stainless Steal system for my 2001 Expy. Thanks in advance eveybody.....

Old 07-09-2001, 10:41 PM
Gibson cat-back

I've had nothing but good service with www.summitracing.com and they have very competitive prices and offer free shipping, but have a $7.95 handling fee(who doesn't). Their web site is not that good for trucks. My advice is to check out gibsons site and get the correct P/N for your application and call summit. I've ordered several items thru them and also had to return a couple of things, never any problems.

Old 07-10-2001, 07:06 PM
You might try www.truckperformance.com I got my Borla system from them for even less than they advertise. They show 2 styles of Gibsons for your Expy. Single or dual sport. $420 and $479. They will beat anyones price!

Old 07-10-2001, 08:54 PM
Cool Gibson catback

www.4wheelparts.com

Old 07-12-2001, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the boards

dfwbmw

I bought my stainless Gibson Swept Side from www.truckperformance.com

I got it for $369 with free shipping. It was a steal back then just before christmas. It took about a month and a half to get but with prices like that they sold like mad and were on back order.

Depending on what sound you want, I'd recommend the Swept Side. The Dual Sport is the same basic system but has 2-3" tails vs. 1. Although not much, the Dual Sport can take a way a tad bit of low end, but it's about 2 time louder than the Swept Side. According to Gibson, the Dual SPort is about 4-5 deciblels louder than stock while the Swept Side is about 2-3.

When I installed mine, I was floored at the fact that even though I cranked it up for the first time in the garage, it sounded stock. Well, after a couple of months, it got louder and now sounds great. Nice a mellow. The nice part is, the Swept Side is designed to improve low end.

You can see from my sig what I've got. Click on the link at the bottom for a couple of recordings not long after I installed it. The one next to the tail pipe is right next too the tail pipe and it sounds louder than it did at the time. My wife doesn't mind it and she's not at all into this stuff. You can also see a picture of how it looks exiting the rear. The Dual Sport looks just like itm but with 2-3.5" tips.

From you name, I take it you're in the DFW area too and work for or have a BMW? Anyhow, if you're not looking to make it sound like a hot rod, the Swept Side is great!

By the way, if TPC isn't having one of it's once a month big sales, Summit is great! Where TPC has no customer service, Summit is good to do busines with and has everything. Their web site just isn't good for much, except tracking orders which is near real time!

Good luck......

Last edited by FamilyRide; 07-12-2001 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:11 AM
I have seen you web site from a post on Ford Truck E's forums about a month ago. That is a nicely done site. Mine is a 2001 EB with the same color as yours. 5.4/3.55LS and no tow package. I bought it in Jan (.9 Percent Finacing) and only have about 3500 miles on it. All highway. I have two BMW's and I do live in the DFW metro area. Now with the second child we need more room. It just sits in the garage waiting for another trip to take. I got the roll up windows tinted darker, and I would like to do the singe gibson side swept, Airaid intake, mild trans shift kit, Mobile 1 for everything and maybe some nicer wheels next year. My wife will be the primary driver if we ever get rid of her older BMW. She wants the pedal of the Expy to feel a little like the BMW. I told her that ain't gonna happen, this is a 6000 pound truck (it was not luck we got the 5.4/3.55 rear I knew after driving some of the other combos she would not like it). She loves it now, just got to teach her how to drive an automatic with 6000 lbs, you know let off the gas about 4 miles before a stop sign and you will still be doing 40mph when you need to start breaking!!

Old 07-16-2001, 06:59 PM
I replied in another post too....

Does your wife drive it every day? I see a lady driving one just like you describe going to work each day, usually on Flower Mound road. But I think that one may be a 2000 as I don't remember seeing the coffee can hanging off the exhaust.

Who knows, FM isn't that big.

By the way, what's the URL to the forum you saw a link to my site from? Was it a Ford site? I found someone from Ford internal had been visiting the site and thought that was interesting.

Last edited by FamilyRide; 07-16-2001 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2001, 08:12 PM
http://www.ford-trucks.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

This is the message board I first saw your site. Someone posted a url when somebody else was asking about one of the options you put on your truck. As for our Expy she does not work but in the home so when she goes shopping or something she just takes the old 528e. So far the expy has had a couple of trips to Montgomery AL and St. Louis MO for fun. I probably will get those 3 things I mentioned in another post (Gibson, Airaid, and SuperChip) in a couple of weeks. I am off Tuesday and Wednesday so I will pic a nice early morning and get them done when I get the parts in.

Later

Quick Reply: Best Price for Gibson Cat-Backs