"y"Pipe pics Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"y"Pipe pics Anyone?

I ordered the "y"pipe for my 97 F-150.
I went to the Midas shop near my house & explained 'EXACTLY'
What I needed done. I even explained in detail how to do it. IMO.
The guy says to me. "These guys I got here can't bend a pipe if their life depended on it" I was like oh S***. Not a good answer Huh?
So If anyone out here has done it themselves or has a pic of how it was done I would love to hear/see how you or they did it. It looks like a weird kinda bend in the drives side pipe going to the pass side..
I looked at the pipe for awhile & I know I can do it I would just like some feed back. LOL
Thanks

JT

Old 07-11-2001, 08:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Don't take it to a "name brand" shop. Find one of those "independent" shops where the owner does all his own work. He has to be good to keep in bussiness. These are the guys that always do custom dual jobs, just not the replace a muffler and go guys (Midas). He may cost more, but are worth it in the long run. Look for shops that have "Flowmaster", "Dynamax" banners in the windows.

I go to one called "Pro Exhaust". Has all the above, plus one brand called "Flo-Pro". He's so busy, I can't get in to get my Y installed!! He won't set appointments, so it's first come, first serve. I just can't get him on an "off" day yet.......

Old 07-12-2001, 02:41 AM
Question

I'm also considering the aftermarket "Y" and I would love to see some pics of this mod. Please post a pic or a link so I can check this out!

Old 07-14-2001, 10:57 AM
I decided to give another place a try.
I went to a Meineke shop that was recomended to me.
I told the guy what I wanted & WE did the job. The guy was nice enuff to let me help. LOL
Great job done. I now have the "Y" welded in place.
I cut apart the pipe we removed & the measurment of the oval hole is 2 x 1 1/2 inches. This was going into a Gibson exhast.
I'll try to get pics..

As far as performance increase.. I think it is alittle better but I also think it is has pushed me closer to a header install.
MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY!!!!!

Old 07-17-2001, 04:12 PM
I had my Factory "y" cut out and true duals installed theres a pic below or follow my link for more pics!

Old 07-21-2001, 01:27 AM
Not my truck but a pic.....

This is from the Spin Tech website, Ive been thinking about getting this installed in my Expy. Can decide on duals out the back or duals swept side. Ill have to move my O2 sensor onto the X portion since its currently on the Y but ST says no problem.

Wadda ya think?

Old 07-21-2001, 11:31 PM
Adrian, thanks for the great shot on the cross-over exhaust. Can you post the exact web site where you obtained the info. Thanks

Old 07-22-2001, 06:26 AM
Thumbs up nice

That is a great pic of an x pipe install,but I have one question.Who keeps the uderside of their truck that clean?Its so clean you could eat off it. I dread crawling under my truck,inevitably I will knock dirt and rocks on my face or in my eye.

Old 07-22-2001, 09:54 PM
Re: nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lightningcrashz
[B]That is a great pic of an x pipe install,but I have one question.Who keeps the uderside of their truck that clean?

ME... : )
I clean everything.. LOL

Quick Reply: "y"Pipe pics Anyone?