CAI + Throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011 | 10:38 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by hanginten24
What a douche... Frog sux
So am I not also a douche for mentioning the OP perform a search?

Giving good advice is all part of joining a forum.

Old 07-12-2011 | 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
So am I not also a douche for mentioning the OP perform a search?

Giving good advice is all part of joining a forum.
But saying "=Fail " is good advice? Sounds pretty helpful... you should read what I quoted from him and why I said that on the last page, meant to quote what he said above that, I understand that "good advice" is all part of joining a forum, that's why I called him a douche for not being helpful to kawi when he asked for help, he's said that before to other people too

Last edited by hanginten24; 07-12-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2011 | 05:50 AM
Truck of the Month
But saying "=Fail " is good advice? Sounds pretty helpful... you should read what I quoted from him and why I said that on the last page, meant to quote what he said above that, I understand that "good advice" is all part of joining a forum, that's why I called him a douche for not being helpful to kawi when he asked for help, he's said that before to other people too
He was helpful, though his delivery was harsh. Calling him on it wasn't necessary IMO. That gets old too, you know.

Old 07-12-2011 | 08:41 AM
The same questions get asked day in and day out.Its either CAI this or Exhaust that. I could do a search right now and get 50 threads easy for what he asked. It really does get old.

Old 07-12-2011 | 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ford12508
The same questions get asked day in and day out.Its either CAI this or Exhaust that. I could do a search right now and get 50 threads easy for what he asked. It really does get old.
So then why read the thread in the first place??? You have to make it a point to put someone down because they spend less time on here/the internet than both of you??

Old 07-12-2011 | 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
He was helpful, though his delivery was harsh. Calling him on it wasn't necessary IMO. That gets old too, you know.
So then why read the thread in the first place??? You have to make it a point to put someone down because they spend less time on here/the internet than both of you??
I respect what you both are saying and they are both valid points, but it seems like people go into these "common threads" and give people a hard time for not doing research or looking aorund in the help section on here, if others see the redundant thread and it pisses them off, then they should just avoid it instead of giving someone ****, not saying that either of you are, but AVfrog has done in that in more than a couple of instances, I'm just calling him out because I support anyone who has any question on here, and if its a question that gets asked 10000x a day, then I just avoid the thread intead of putting them down, the mature thing to do, though I understand that calling him out was definitely immature

Last edited by hanginten24; 07-12-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2011 | 08:51 PM
Truck of the Month
Who did I put down? I helped. I believe you need to re-read this thread. You will learn how to reply in kind from a wily old vet.

Old 07-12-2011 | 11:39 PM
Just to make this clear... My post saying "= fail", was posted with the intent of saying that a CAI plus a TBS = no good. I was not trying to offend or put anyone down. I was merely stating that your idea would help you none what so ever. In fewer words of course.

Old 07-13-2011 | 12:05 AM
I put a CAI on my 5.4 and I find that it actually improved the responsiveness of my truck.

Old 07-13-2011 | 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by silenceikillyou
I put a CAI on my 5.4 and I find that it actually improved the responsiveness of my truck.
1) different engine
2) Read the thread and you will see your answer doesn't help the OP at all. The 04-05 3Vs can't have a CAI without a tune.

Old 07-13-2011 | 09:08 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by avfrog
Just to make this clear... My post saying "= fail", was posted with the intent of saying that a CAI plus a TBS = no good. I was not trying to offend or put anyone down. I was merely stating that your idea would help you none what so ever. In fewer words of course.
And that is exactly the way I interrpreted what you posted or I would have commented on your post.

Old 07-13-2011 | 09:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Forget the tbs along with the cai and do the gotts mod or airaid MIT.......personally the airaid MIT really cleaned up the engine bay when I had my 06 5.4.......

Old 07-13-2011 | 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kawi315
It's just a stock 05 f150 fx4. Just cannot decide on which intake to put on er, and was thinking while I got that part already taken off I might as well put a throttle body spacer in for $70.
Why would you waste $70 on a throttle body spacer? It'll do NOTHING at all.

Quick Reply: CAI + Throttle body spacer