Borla Pro XS

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011 | 04:01 PM
|
Borla Pro XS

I have been reading some threads and watching some videos online, can anyone compare the sound of a Borla Pro XS to a 14" si/do Magnaflow? I still have stock cats. I do really like the Magnaflow, just maybe could stand a little quieter and a little deeper. Would the Borla do that for me, or would i just be wasting time with what i already have? I had a Borla on my T/A that could be loud when i wanted it. It had block off plates that would open it up pretty good..Not looking for that anymore.. just had a birthday Tuesday..sometimes subtle is good too. I would keep it dual exit, maybe have it reworked to dual exit on one side behind the tire.

Thanks for any input guys.

Old 07-14-2011 | 04:48 PM
I don't have a direct comparison vs the 14", but compared to the 18" Magnaflow that comes with the catbacks, the Borla Pro XS is deeper and louder and has a bit more of an aggressive tone. I did a swap out for a short while with a catback on my current truck, but the pipes on that system had too much drone for me (Raptor/Harley style exit).

Overall I preferred the sound of the Borla much more.

Old 07-14-2011 | 09:20 PM
Dose the Borla systems have any drone?

Old 07-14-2011 | 11:04 PM
Here is the deal. The Borla pro xs will be a little deeper, and a little quieter. The biggest difference is in the high rpm range. The Maggie will get a little bit of a louder raspy sound, where as the Borla will keep that deep Borla tone all the way up the rpm range.

Old 07-15-2011 | 10:09 AM
|
avfrog, that my friend is the answer i was looking for!! I do love that Borla sound too..
thinking about switching the exhaust and having duals exit on one side, like the HD edition.. just wish i had not sold the H.D. exhaust tip i had sitting around.. dangit!

Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 07-15-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: can't spell!
Old 07-16-2011 | 01:11 AM
^ excellent

Quick Reply: Borla Pro XS