Exhaust tip help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011 | 08:55 PM
|
Exhaust tip help!

I just bought a SISO magnaflow 14" muffler to put in place of my stock muffler and now im looking for a tip. I want to just weld one on my stock pipe. Im looking for a slant rolled edge thats a 2.5 inlet and a 3.5 out and 9" long or less. I cant seem to find one anywhere! Does anyone know where I can get one at? I found one on summit racing but it was a 2.5 in and 3 out 8" long. Here is the link to it
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-690052/

They have a 2.5 in 3.5 out but its 12" long which will be too long to weld on my stock pipe because it will stick out too far. I appreciate any help!!

Old 09-14-2011 | 09:32 PM
Why only 9"?

Old 09-14-2011 | 10:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by avfrog
Why only 9"?
Because im welding a tip on my factory pipe that bends right past the rear tire and dont think I can go longer the like 10" because of the bend. I want the new tip to be at the same spot as where the factory tail pipe stops. I dont want it sticking out.

Old 09-15-2011 | 11:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I did this exact same this with an 18" Magnaflow. My tip is a Magnaflow 3 1/2 slant rolled that is 12 inches long. It is in the stock location and tucks under just fine.

This how I did it though. I cut the stock pipe just before the last bend that turns the pipe out the side. Autozone has a pre bent pipe section that fits perfect. I welded the tip to it and used an exhaust clamp to attach it to the stock pipe.

Here is where I am talking about making the connection.

I can't remember the model number of the tip. I know I had a hard time finding one with a 2 1/2 in that I liked.

You will also need a section of straight pipe since the OEM muffler is so long. I bought a 12 inch section and had to cut a little bit off to keep everything the same length. Since you are going with a 14 inch muffler you will need a little more than that.

Old 09-15-2011 | 11:54 AM
|
Originally Posted by ab46501
I did this exact same this with an 18" Magnaflow. My tip is a Magnaflow 3 1/2 slant rolled that is 12 inches long. It is in the stock location and tucks under just fine.

This how I did it though. I cut the stock pipe just before the last bend that turns the pipe out the side. Autozone has a pre bent pipe section that fits perfect. I welded the tip to it and used an exhaust clamp to attach it to the stock pipe.

Here is where I am talking about making the connection.

I can't remember the model number of the tip. I know I had a hard time finding one with a 2 1/2 in that I liked.

You will also need a section of straight pipe since the OEM muffler is so long. I bought a 12 inch section and had to cut a little bit off to keep everything the same length. Since you are going with a 14 inch muffler you will need a little more than that.
Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for! What is the difference between the stock bent pipe and the one you got from autozone? Is it a wider bend so you can fit the 12" tip on?

Quick Reply: Exhaust tip help!