OBX LT headers install tips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011 | 09:22 PM
|
OBX LT headers install tips?

Any tips for those that have already done this? I started today and thought I would get it done by tonight... I thought wrong. Anyway, main problem I'm having is with super rusted bolts. So I bought some PB blaster and going to let that sit all night before trying again tomorrow afternoon. Also, how am I supposed to remove the passenger side header? I removed the wheel well and can only see 1, maybe 2, of the back top bolts. All of the bottom ones and front 2 are blocked to where I'd have a heck of a time undoing them. Finally, how do you remove the stock studs? I bought stage 8 locking header bolts to replace them, but not sure how they come out.

Old 09-22-2011 | 06:36 AM
Passenger side, you need to remove the starter. That will help with access. You still need to have small hands and be double jointed though. I put mine on when the motor was being installed and still had a heck of a time with the pass side. The studs come out by putting a real small socket on the end, I want to say its like a 4mm or so. Be real careful because if they're rusted enough, they'll break. Your also gonna have a heck of a time putting the retaining clips for the stage 8s on. I couldn't get 2 of the lower passenger ones, I just have too big of hands / arms to get in there.

Quick Reply: OBX LT headers install tips?