need help with new muffler(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:02 PM
|
need help with new muffler(s)

hows it goin everyone.
i have an 04 f150 5.4 with 2.5" true duals with a magnaflow DI/DO 11" muffler and rear cat delete 45'd out the back. but i have started driving it with the windows closed lately because of cold mornings and rain. and it is annoying inside the cab. now, i dont have a crossover yet because it is a tight fit with the way the exhaust was run, it would be pretty far from the engine, i'll wait till i get long tubes for that. i was looking into the borla turbo muffler and the magnaflow 14" muffler. i dont want it to be quiet just not as droney inside. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the borla turbo muffler? and if there is anything else you guys would recommend as well?

thanks

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Borla Turbo is equivalent to Magnaflow 22" body, it will be very quiet. You may be disappointed. Give the 14" bodies a thought or the 18" at most. Or try the Borla Pro-XS bodies.

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Borla Turbo is equivalent to Magnaflow 22" body, it will be very quiet. You may be disappointed. Give the 14" bodies a thought or the 18" at most. Or try the Borla Pro-XS bodies.
i was considering the pro xs but i was thinking they would of been worse. if they dont drone as bad i'll really consider them again.

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:51 PM
Do you have any videos of that setup? I love the way true dual magnaflow 11s sound, and I was going to do the di/do to save some money instead of buying 2 mufflers, but I have never heard that setup before.

Old 09-23-2011 | 06:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Matts ford
i was considering the pro xs but i was thinking they would of been worse. if they dont drone as bad i'll really consider them again.
The borla 14" Pro-XS is less noisy inside than a 14" Magnaflow.

Originally Posted by atr04screw
Do you have any videos of that setup? I love the way true dual magnaflow 11s sound, and I was going to do the di/do to save some money instead of buying 2 mufflers, but I have never heard that setup before.
It will be as loud and deep toned but won't have the WOT rasp mine had with the dual 11s.

Old 09-23-2011 | 07:01 PM
^ agreed

Old 09-23-2011 | 09:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by atr04screw
just view darrens videos and you'll have a general idea of the sound. my only video absolutely sucked. i used my phone because i dont want to go and get a video camera because i know if i do, i'll never use it again

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
The borla 14" Pro-XS is less noisy inside than a 14" Magnaflow.
ok. the only true dual borla proxs video i viewed was avfrogs and it sounds awesome, but my laptop speaker sucks so i dont know how loud the truck is in person and i have to use headphones to here anything and it just sounded very loud inside.

i really do like the way your truck sounds avfrog
looks like i'm going for the pro xs.

thank you guys.

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:28 AM
^ Thanks! Just keep in mind that I don't have any cats. Stock cats will tone it down a lot.

Old 09-24-2011 | 11:29 AM

Ah yes, the greatness.

Quick Reply: need help with new muffler(s)