Hey "Y" pipe owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Veloci,
I would strongly recommend you drive down to Newport Beach to Orange County Muffler. See Craig Gass/Owner. His number is (949) 548-5744. Their address is:
496 Old Newport Rd.
Your looking at a 40 mile drive but it will be worth it.
When I took my SCrew in, with the Flowmaster Y in hand to get it installed, he said he could have saved me some money by making it himself. Believe it or not, he has the outer housing part similar to the Flowmaster Y and then he runs 2 separate 2 1/2 inch pipes into the front of it. He charged me $100, but also welded up some of the other clamped joints on my Gibson SideSwept for me.
Call him and tell him that he installed a Flowmaster Y for my 2001 Black SuperCrew about a month ago and ask him for his custom Y installation price. By the way, he is extremely meticulous in doing very sanitary mods. This impressed me!
or if you still prefer,
I bought my Flowmaster Y online for $35 (shipping included) at:
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/flomstr1e.htm

Glad you liked the pics.....not bad for a old-*******rookie with a new dig. camera huh?

PS: IF YOU GET IT DONE BY CRAIG, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND HOW MUCH HE CHARGED.....OK?

Last edited by Area 52; 08-11-2001 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:44 PM
Kev, THANK YOU FOR THE PIC'S!!
Well how does it drive now?? Sound any diff??
Plan to do this mod this week with the new FM cat-back dual out side kit.
Thanks!

Last edited by pro3qtr; 08-13-2001 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:05 PM
pro3qtr,

I noticed deeper tone and initially some low-end loss. But after resetting the computer and some mileage, the computer/SuperChip has adjusted. Your FM dual-outs with the Y mod should sound very, very nice.

Glad you liked the pics.

Quick Reply: Hey "Y" pipe owners