which cold air intake to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012 | 03:05 PM
CAIs look trashy to me... they weren't made to make the engine bay look good the were made for, "performance" some CAIs do preform well, others why did you even put it on. it just mades a weak vehicle weaker and nosier, not to mention just throw off your PCM. Oh one more thing, if you live on gravel like me, you can dust your engine and shorten its life it doesn't catastrophically fail. I know the new v-6's are powerful, but i think they have pretty much maxed out this style of 6 cyl on power. DO NOT GET A CAI.

Old 03-28-2012 | 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Takeda
Only the aftermarket stuff! What people don't seem to understand, the OEM intake is a highly tuned CAI.
True ^^. If you wanted to see the Pro's of a CAI and not the negatives. Might i suggest buying say a K&N Filter, and doing the Gotts mod?

Cheaper, but if your going for looks and sound then go for the CAI.

Old 03-29-2012 | 02:12 AM
although I agree that the open filter aftermarket cais are garbage i cant completely say there a waste. with my trueflow setup which uses the stock air box, along with a spectre hpr filter and the gotts mod i noticed a good difference in power versus the completely stock system, on the expedition forum i seem to be the only member using a true flow air intake system lol

Old 03-29-2012 | 06:26 PM
|
im not sure what this gotts mod is but il look it up. i plan on getting true dual so il get my sound from that rather than getting a CAI

Old 03-29-2012 | 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sinthose
True ^^. If you wanted to see the Pro's of a CAI and not the negatives. Might i suggest buying say a K&N Filter, and doing the Gotts mod?

Cheaper, but if your going for looks and sound then go for the CAI.
The OEM paper filter is designed to flow way more air than the engine will pull, and it filters well. All you will get with the K&N is more dirt and oil.

Old 04-07-2012 | 09:44 PM
MGD is right i have a airaid on my 08 my IAT is like MAYBE 4 degrees cooler with the airaid rather then the oem i have a diagnostic tool that will display all your running numbers like coolant temp, exhaust temp (catalytic convertor temp) it will tell you alot, even your RPMs and your VIN LOL but yeah, if you do buy a cold air kit, i would get one off of craigslist, ebay etc i got mine from craigslist for 125 trust me, the power you get from them, aint worth 3 to 4 bills and here is the kicker, they make your engine sound really good therefore, your gonna have your foot in it thus killin your mpg LOL kinda a double edge sword oh hey, if you do get one, man i cant recommend the prefilters enough i had one on my last truck and i drove all highway...cleaned it once a year plus the prefilters just look cool!

Quick Reply: which cold air intake to get