My next move

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012 | 09:03 PM
Very true!

Old 04-20-2012 | 06:57 PM
|
And the cats have made it. Roughly 13 hours to drop-off! Sleep won't come easy tonight. Fortunately I have a meeting tomorrow morning. By the time I get back, truck should be about done. I should have some time to get a few videos for ya as long as I can get my yard work done. Turkey season starts Monday!

Old 04-20-2012 | 11:08 PM
Good luck man!

Old 04-21-2012 | 05:25 PM
|
After more consideration about the cats, I decided to hold off on them and exchange them for the 94136's. Did still get the muffler and tips installed. Much deeper than that 18" I don't think it's much louder if at all, but I am really diggin the more aggressive tone. I think it's gonna come out just right when we get those cats on.

Old 04-21-2012 | 07:04 PM
I think you made a good call That muffler will get louder as you get some miles on it

Old 04-21-2012 | 08:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I think you made a good call That muffler will get louder as you get some miles on it
Thanks! It was hard because I want it done, but I Dont want to tear those out only to put in the right ones down the road.

My previous muffler was just starting to break in, I can't wait until this one does

Old 04-21-2012 | 09:02 PM
|
Guys, thought I would post those 94106's in the classifieds rather than mess with trying to send them back to Amazon and waiting a month for the refund.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...ml#post4825348

Old 04-26-2012 | 11:38 AM
|
Been fighting the wind to get a couple videos now that the new muffler is on. I ended up with two that are ok. let me apologize for some of the strange rattling/ woodpecker like noises that appear in them, not sure what they are or where they came from.

We will do some more after getting the cats on, but I wanted to have some sort of comparison.

Just a note on the cats: The best price I found was through Truck Parts Hub. I ordered on Saturday right after the muffler was done. After not hearing anything, I sent an email to them yesterday asking if they had shipped, if there was a tracking number, and so on. I received a call a couple hours later and was told the order processed Monday and that if they didnt ship yesterday, they would today. The guy also stated that it was only 72 hours since order was placed and wondered why I was inquiring already. That comment worried me a little, but I was impressed by the quick reply to the email I had sent. Hopefully we will have them on next week.

Enough of my babble, how's about some vids?

Normal Acceleration
http://youtu.be/FrCSZjFckDg

Hard Acceleration from 55mph
http://youtu.be/ezlDoN3LUdU

Old 04-26-2012 | 12:16 PM
Sounds great!

Old 04-26-2012 | 12:47 PM
That new set-up sounds pretty dang good to me.....

Truck looks nice and clean -- especially for an '05! Looking at it almost makes me wish I had checked off "Dark Torreador Red" when I ordered mine back in '05.....

Old 04-27-2012 | 10:15 AM
|
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Sounds great!
Thank you sir!!!

Originally Posted by ddellwo

Truck looks nice and clean -- especially for an '05! Looking at it almost makes me wish I had checked off "Dark Torreador Red" when I ordered mine back in '05.....
Thank you, I try to keep it clean. That video was taken after crusin' some dusty dirt roads for 2 days scouting/ hunting turkeys That color wouldn't have been my first choice (if I had a choice) but Im in love with it now.

Old 04-27-2012 | 08:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Sounds good! So that is stock 2 cats, 3" midpipe and a 14" SI/DO?

Originally Posted by ddellwo

It is a great paint, I loved it on mine. With some black it really looked killer! I miss that paint.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...9/DSC06029.jpg

Old 04-27-2012 | 09:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Sounds good! So that is stock 2 cats, 3" midpipe and a 14" SI/DO?

It is a great paint, I loved it on mine. With some black it really looked killer! I miss that paint.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...9/DSC06029.jpg
Thanks man! You are correct until next week when the high flow cats arrive!

Old 04-27-2012 | 11:24 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013
Truck of the Month
Hell yes, buddy!! Sounds freakin' GREAT!!

Much better, indeed. Gotta love that deep MF tone! Methinks the addition of the hi-flows will give you the finishing touch that provides just the right tone/volume combo that you're after. Ye done right good, li'l buddy!

So, those new tires seem pretty quiet to be a more aggressive AT/MT tire, huh? Likin' 'em so fer ere ye?

Again...beautiful truck, buddy! Ye ortta be right proud o' yer rig!

Last edited by DewserB; 04-27-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2012 | 11:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by DewserB
Hell yes, buddy!! Sounds freakin' GREAT!!

Much better, indeed. Gotta love that deep MF tone! Ye done right good, li'l buddy!

So, those new tires seem pretty quiet to be a more aggressive AT/MT tire, huh? Likin' 'em so fer ere ye?

Again...beautiful truck, buddy! Ye ortta be right proud o' yer rig!

Yer buttrn' me up right nice dar sir! (still workin on that lingo)

It got a lot deeper with the new muffler, I think I'll keep this one.

Those tires are nowhere near as loud as they look like they would be, I'm very happy with them as well. Just a few small visual items that I mentioned to you before, but yes, I am very happy with that truck! My daughter calls it daddy's cool truck, and she calls my brother's Ram a girl truck. believe it or not she came up with that on her own, but I'm completely guilty of eggin' her on. Again, appreciate the compliments and advice and such!

Quick Reply: My next move