My next move

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012 | 10:07 PM
what are the specs on your truck man? post a vid of the hi flos when you get them on!!

Old 04-30-2012 | 11:53 PM
|
Stock manifolds and cats, Magnaflow Y pipe, 3" mid pipe, 5x8x14 Magnaflow SIDO 2.5" tails with 4x18" Magnaflow tips exiting 90 degrees behind the rear tires.

New cats were to arrive today but was at hospital with my new little girl and missed FedEx. Should get them tomorrow and will install sometime this week. Vids will follow for sure! Thanks man!

Old 05-01-2012 | 02:38 PM
|
Crash, I appreciate all that my friend, but that doesn't really go along with anything I'm doin. I also saw that you posted that somewhere else???

Old 05-01-2012 | 03:10 PM
I run a high flow setup true dualed into a dual in dual out x chambered muffler and then dumped at the sides of the hitch 45d at an angle. I think its quite loud and not much cab noise since its out the back. A world of difference compared to when I had barely any knowledge about exhaust and had a single in single out lightning style which was baby steps compared to what I have now. Truckguy (John) can vouche for me. Cuz I know he'll chime back into this thread sooner than later haha. Good luck with the journey and hope to hear some clips when you get it setup

Old 05-01-2012 | 07:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by sampson01
I run a high flow setup true dualed into a dual in dual out x chambered muffler and then dumped at the sides of the hitch 45d at an angle. I think its quite loud and not much cab noise since its out the back. A world of difference compared to when I had barely any knowledge about exhaust and had a single in single out lightning style which was baby steps compared to what I have now. Truckguy (John) can vouche for me. Cuz I know he'll chime back into this thread sooner than later haha. Good luck with the journey and hope to hear some clips when you get it setup
Why thank you Sampson. Cats arrived today and are going on in the morning. My videographer just had a baby, so we will see what I can accomplish as a one man operation! You can count on some video one way or another. Your name and setup rang a bell for me, but not putting it together yet. I've read A LOT of threads and watched A LOT of videos throughout the process. This exhaust stuff is pretty addictive...as I'm sure you probably are aware!

Old 05-02-2012 | 11:14 AM
|
Well my friends, the cats are on!!! It's pretty wet and rainy today so not sure if I can get a quick vid on here or not. They really enhanced the overall tone nicely. It gives a nice edgy growl on start up. Didn't cool down enough for a true cold start, but I bet that's going to be awesome as well. Hardly any difference in cab compared to what it was with the stock cats. Running around town I can hear/ feel my exhaust now, nice deep mellow rumble to it. No WOT yet, take offs are pretty aggressive sounding, just one 0-55 normal acceleration. I am very happy with how it turned out and glad I went with the cats as well as the new muffler. It's worked out nice too that I could run the muffler before putting the cats on. I will get some vids for ya as soon as I can!

Old 05-02-2012 | 12:18 PM
|
Originally Posted by Crash!
I just wanted to make the point that I would suggest dual 2.5". Sorry about that.
Hey no problem man!

Old 05-02-2012 | 01:37 PM
It's so cool feeling it rumble under your feet!

Old 05-02-2012 | 06:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I couldn't agree more!!!

Old 05-02-2012 | 06:37 PM
You mean, the Earth finally moved for you?

MGD

Old 05-02-2012 | 08:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Awesome! Time for headers!

Originally Posted by MGDfan
You mean, the Earth finally moved for you?

MGD

Old 05-02-2012 | 09:58 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Awesome! Time for headers!

Dont think for a moment that thought hasnt crossed my mind! I think we are done with the exhaust for this year. We will see what next year brings, hell, it would be nice just to get this one broke in!

Old 05-04-2012 | 12:03 AM
|
Managed to get a quick teaser vid between thundershowers. The camera faces the southwest and the truck sits about 150ft to the east. Just left of camera is a street that ends at my driveway, I cruise around the two blocks in front of my house. I placed the camera so far away and facing this direction to avoid feedback, but still got it so I am sorry for sound quality. I'm sure most of you know, but you will not hear how deep it is without good speakers/headphones. I will try to get more and better vids in the days ahead, meanwhile, enjoy my tree!

http://youtu.be/cOgxuqlFy_Y

Old 05-04-2012 | 10:40 AM
Sounds familiar

Old 05-04-2012 | 11:36 AM
|
Sounds familiar

Glad to hear ya say that! I can't believe the difference those cats made. They enhance every aspect of every rpm range. No need preachin to the choir on that! Thanks again for the guidance, and sending along those videos, I really appreciate it!!

Quick Reply: My next move