Questions about Performance Peddler

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012 | 10:57 AM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
You do know those are for the 4.6L correct? For some reason I thought you had the 5.4L. Pardon me if I am wrong, but I would hate to hear you tore it all down only for the wrong header!

Those were what I originally ran in my '04.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNNu68iQ7xY
I do have the 5.4 and made the correction for the right part number. Darren how did that muffler perform? Will i need to expect bad highway drone? I would like some good tones and grumble and I dont mind some highway drone but I dont want extreme drone. What made you decide to switch?

Old 05-02-2012 | 10:00 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Watson91
Darren how did that muffler perform? Will i need to expect bad highway drone? I would like some good tones and grumble and I dont mind some highway drone but I dont want extreme drone. What made you decide to switch?
I changed them out because they were boring. They were very quiet inside. Yeah they were loud and deep under acceleration but once cruising and especially highway they were barely there. That was my only complaint. Otherwise the outside everyone heard it. The warm idle was quiet that sucked too but it was a good performing system. The Bullets made me much happier though.

Old 05-02-2012 | 10:25 PM
|

Okay I understand. I'm not sure what kind of noise enhancements the LTs and high flows will give to a muffler compared to a normal system with a muffler upgrade.

Right now I do like my <flamejacket>flowmaster</flamejacket> system. It drones at highway speeds but is tolerable. I would love to have more growl from slow speeds though. I think the exhaust setup I'm looking for either doesn't exist or will break the bank. I would love something that at warm idle sounded good and had good low speed growl yet still had tolerable highway sounds.

I originally looked at magnapacks but now I'm not sure. I am afraid that they will kill me at highway speeds with the LTs and high flow cats. I would love to stick with the flowmaster exhaust because I love the sound, but I know they are known for terrible drone at highway speed. So the LTs and high flows with the flowmaster really scares me. I know it would sound great (to me) at all times but I would end up banging my head off the steering wheel on the highway.

I know a lot of you guys have experience what would you recommend. If you were not happy with the maggie 11's I don't think I am either. Like I said I can stand some highway drone but only at the tolerable levels.

Old 05-02-2012 | 11:03 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here... look inti "classic chambered " mufflers. That might be what you need. They are straight through but growl like chambered mufflers. Might be a neat road to take.

Old 05-02-2012 | 11:42 PM
|

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I'm gonna go out on a limb here... look inti "classic chambered " mufflers. That might be what you need. They are straight through but growl like chambered mufflers. Might be a neat road to take.
That's defiantly interesting. I still feel that this would have some narley highway drone. I fear this may make my truck sound like an old 80's model straight piped mud truck though.

Old 05-03-2012 | 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Watson91
<flamejacket>flowmaster</flamejacket>
Nice jacket. It works!

Old 05-03-2012 | 12:30 AM
|

Originally Posted by jbrew
Nice jacket. It works!
Glad it does! What about borla? Seems like a lot of people say borla have a mean growl but a good highway tone?

Quick Reply: Questions about Performance Peddler