Help with SISO Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012 | 10:34 PM
|
Help with SISO Y pipe

I have a 4.6 with Factory SISO Exhaust. I am changing my Y pipe And muffler for alittle less restriction. I plan on staying with SISO.I want to get a Magna Flow Y and MagnaFlow straight threw Muffler.But I'm really not sure if I should change to 3" after the Y or stay with 2.5. I don't want to lose any low end power,Do to I tow quite often. What do you guys think 3" or 2.5 after the Y. Thanks for any input.

Old 05-05-2012 | 05:31 AM
Truck of the Month
with you towing and not looking to go to forced induction anytime soon, I'd forget the magnaslow Y pipe and magnaslow muffler as they won't do anything but change the noise your truck makes...

IF you are dead set on changing the stock mid-pipe Y to the magnaslow Y you might want to consider having the dual 2.5's into a single 3 inch thru the muffler on out

Old 05-05-2012 | 11:44 AM
Magnaslow

lol, you had me going for a second!

Old 05-05-2012 | 12:38 PM
Never had Magnaflow before but I would love to hear someone with those mufflers in person. YouTube videos don't do them justice!

Old 05-05-2012 | 02:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by tarajerame
with you towing and not looking to go to forced induction anytime soon, I'd forget the magnaslow Y pipe and magnaslow muffler as they won't do anything but change the noise your truck makes...

IF you are dead set on changing the stock mid-pipe Y to the magnaslow Y you might want to consider having the dual 2.5's into a single 3 inch thru the muffler on out
Thanks for the quick reply tarajerame. I have to replace the intermedate 2.5 pipe between the Y and Muffler because it has had 2 leaks in the past 4 months that I welded for a quick fix. Now I have a little extra money I figured I'd change the Y since I will be replacing piping in behind it to Stainless and a new muffler, any way and possibly changing to 3in the rest of the way if it didn't take from low end power. I only was going to replace the Y because I have read that it was poorly designed, restricting the driver side of the motor less that 2.5. Hope maybe I could get alittle extra power.

Quick Reply: Help with SISO Y pipe