2.5" or 3" Bullet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice. They have a 6.5" now . Thats like nothing! Youll be happy with that 12" though. I had the 24248.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by migdaddy
nice. They have a 6.5" now . Thats like nothing! Youll be happy with that 12" though. I had the 24248.
Yeah, those mini-bullets are crazy. *EDIT* That 6" one is insane. I bet it doesn't sound too good. lmao

Apparently it is a 2dbA reduction over straights.

Last edited by Arklight; 05-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Arklight
Yeah, those mini-bullets are crazy. *EDIT* That 6" one is insane. I bet it doesn't sound too good. lmao

Apparently it is a 2dbA reduction over straights.
Yeah gonna pop like crazy. Go with the 24248. Post up some videos when your done. Post up videos of your magnapack set up and have the same videos with the bullet so we can all hear the difference.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Arklight, I don't think you will see much difference from the magnapack to the bullet. I have three inch bullet and it's not that bad of drone with the insulation of the newer truck. Mine is placed pretty far back with stock exit location. I am thinking of y pipe after muffler to duals eventually. Here is a video.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...-complete.html

Old 05-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by jerrybizzle
Arklight, I don't think you will see much difference from the magnapack to the bullet. I have three inch bullet and it's not that bad of drone with the insulation of the newer truck. Mine is placed pretty far back with stock exit location. I am thinking of y pipe after muffler to duals eventually. Here is a video.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...-complete.html
Thanks for the videos!

What is the interior sound like with the 3" bullet? Mig mentioned a nice growl, which I really like.

What are your thoughts? How would you describe the interior sound?

Thanks!!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the videos!

What is the interior sound like with the 3" bullet? Mig mentioned a nice growl, which I really like.

What are your thoughts? How would you describe the interior sound?

Thanks!!
It does sound great when getting up to speed or getting on it, but is barely audible at cruising speed with windows up. I have stock cats and the muffler is pretty far back. Still not bad with windows down cruising either. Happy with it, just don't know if it will be much different than your magnapack, but you have tried most everything else out there so why not?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I didnt really think about the insulation difference between our trucks. My truck was an 03, so even stock exhaust was noticeable inside. We had a 2 generations difference.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Jerry and Mig,

Would you guys mind visiting my Youtube page and letting me know how the 12" Bullet compares to the Magnapack with regards to interior sound?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MCP2002/videos

Thanks for your time, guys!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Jerry and Mig,

Would you guys mind visiting my Youtube page and letting me know how the 12" Bullet compares to the Magnapack with regards to interior sound?

http://www.youtube.com/user/MCP2002/videos

Thanks for your time, guys!
I listened to all your videos. Youve had a Corsa DB, XR-1, now magnapack, and possibly bullet? Damn!! Your an exhaust snob

I liked the sound of the Corsa. Ive always liked their sound. That might be my next exhaust. But as far as interior noise goes, I couldnt hear any from your videos. I had my sound all the way up and really didnt notice anything much. Im thinking that if you really wanna step it up and get some more interior noise and gain some exterior, go true dual bullets with either an H or X pipe. You can get much louder than that without going straights, no cats, and LTs. If that doesnt suit you, you may look into some high flow cats, but Idk what your cat set up is. (you have 2 right?) Some LTs might be an option too if your wanting to go further.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 AM
I listened to all your videos. Youve had a Corsa DB, XR-1, now magnapack, and possibly bullet? Damn!! Your an exhaust snob

I liked the sound of the Corsa. Ive always liked their sound. That might be my next exhaust. But as far as interior noise goes, I couldnt hear any from your videos. I had my sound all the way up and really didnt notice anything much. Im thinking that if you really wanna step it up and get some more interior noise and gain some exterior, go true dual bullets with either an H or X pipe. You can get much louder than that without going straights, no cats, and LTs. If that doesnt suit you, you may look into some high flow cats, but Idk what your cat set up is. (you have 2 right?) Some LTs might be an option too if your wanting to go further.
Yeah the Corsa is insane. In fact, during acceleration from the outside, I think it is louder than the Magnapack and XR-1. I actually have the Corsa muffler on my garage floor right now. I have been considering installing it into my SI/DO 45'd behind the rear tires setup to see how it sounds. Something different, you know?

I have a sound system for my computer so it picks up sound pretty well. Unfortunately, my camera phone doens't record too well.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah the Corsa is insane. In fact, during acceleration from the outside, I think it is louder than the Magnapack and XR-1. I actually have the Corsa muffler on my garage floor right now. I have been considering installing it into my SI/DO 45'd behind the rear tires setup to see how it sounds. Something different, you know?

I have a sound system for my computer so it picks up sound pretty well. Unfortunately, my camera phone doens't record too well.
You should do the Corsa. Great sound. You didnt dig the XR-1? And you need to get rid of that Android and get a real phone aka iPhone. Mine picks up sound amazingly.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get rid of that Android and get a real phone aka iPhone.
so true!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
You should do the Corsa. Great sound. You didnt dig the XR-1? And you need to get rid of that Android and get a real phone aka iPhone. Mine picks up sound amazingly.
I like the XR-1, it maintained it's tone, it was just bassy more than anything. It didn't have the thump sound the Magnapack does, it was more of just a hummm at higher speeds.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 AM
so its bullet or corsa?

Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM
And you need to get rid of that Android and get a real phone aka iPhone. Mine picks up sound amazingly.
3.5 inch screen is just a little too small. As soon as apple quits being so stubborn with one screen size and offers larger I may take the plunge. Too hard to navigate.
Arklight-I have seen all your videos as you went on your exhaust hunt, which is why I personally don't think the bullet will be much different than the magnapack, but with all the mufflers you have had the bullet will be pretty cheap to see for yourself. Do they know you by first name at the muffler shop?

Quick Reply: 2.5" or 3" Bullet?