Yet another Gott's Mod question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another Gott's Mod question

Not sure if this is an intake question, or a tuner question. Sorry if it’s posted incorrectly. I have an 07 Screw that’s stock right now. I plan to have a Magnaflow cat back and edge tuner installed possibly by the end of the week. My question is, if I choose to do the infamous Gott’s mod to the intake, should I do that before the other two installs, or will the edge tuner adapt to the Gott’s mod if I wait? Does it even make a difference, or are there any additional steps I would have to make on the tuner. Am I overthinking this one? Anyone been here?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
go ahead -nothing to compensate for

Old 05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks MGD

Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi truckeronthebrain. If you don't mind me asking, what did the cat back cost you, and is there a discernable difference in performance? I'm trying to squeeze a mpg or two more out of my '07 4x4 Ecab 5.4. I did the Gott mod yesterday, and am mulling getting a Gryphon with custom tune from PHP. I could do exhaust too if there is a measurable improvement and a cost benefit ratio that is favorable. If I could just get from 14 mpg to 16, I would be a happy camper.

Last edited by tmyarb; 05-31-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tmyarb
Hi truckeronthebrain. If you don't mind me asking, what did the cat back cost you, and is there a discernable difference in performance? I'm trying to squeeze a mpg or two more out of my '07 4x4 Ecab 5.4. I did the Gott mod yesterday, and am mulling getting a Gryphon with custom tune from PHP. I could do exhaust too if there is a measurable improvement and a cost benefit ratio that is favorable. If I could just get from 14 mpg to 16, I would be a happy camper.
I installed magnaflow 16520 http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1652.../dp/B002MEVWBS

and Sct Tune from VMP Tuning. I'm getting about 4 more mpg.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bear in mind....the mileage improvement is 99% tune and maybe 1% from the exhaust and intake. Experience speaking here. Aftermarket exhaust only adds noise and VERY little performance gains on a NA engine....it's in the tune !!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
http://performancepeddlerwholesale.com/ go here got a maggie for 68 shipped...also did gotts..sounds good feel like i can lugg motor at a lower mph after those to get to 4th when geting on high way

Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by truckonthebrain
Not sure if this is an intake question, or a tuner question. Sorry if it’s posted incorrectly. I have an 07 Screw that’s stock right now. I plan to have a Magnaflow cat back and edge tuner installed possibly by the end of the week. My question is, if I choose to do the infamous Gott’s mod to the intake, should I do that before the other two installs, or will the edge tuner adapt to the Gott’s mod if I wait? Does it even make a difference, or are there any additional steps I would have to make on the tuner. Am I overthinking this one? Anyone been here?

why are you worried about over thinking when you are looking at a canned tuning device?? IMHO it's underthinking, you might as well grab a PHP Gryphon or a SCT Live Wire with a custom tune or skip the tuning device...

Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I was really just checking to make sure adding a mod to the intake wouldn’t cause the tuner to malfunction. The tuner was a gift, which prompted me to go ahead and add a cat-back and intake change to my truck too. I was planning on having PHP change the edge to a Gryphon with custom tunes, unless I have this all wrong and they can’t do that. But now I’m getting more confused. It seems everyone has an opinion on here, and honestly I’m not expecting huge gains on any of these mods, I’m just trying to eek out a few more years from this ½ ton until I upgrade to a 1 ton diesel to pull my toys.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't state an opinion - I stated a fact.

MGD

Quick Reply: Yet another Gott's Mod question