How to sell used cats for a profit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012 | 08:50 AM
|
How to sell used cats for a profit?

I recently installed a new exhaust system and I have the old one still. Thought there might be a way to get more than $40 bucks a Cat from some of these sites online. Has anybody had success in doing this? I'm told if done right it will pay for my install which was not cheap. Any experiences you can share is helpful!

Old 05-20-2012 | 12:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Nobody is going to buy used OEM cats when they can buy good aftermarket parts brand new for pretty cheap. Reason why they are better off scrapped.

Put them on your local area's craigslist and someone who needs a set and believes you can only get them through the dealership for $800 new will buy them from you for a good price.

Old 05-20-2012 | 05:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Nobody is going to buy used OEM cats when they can buy good aftermarket parts brand new for pretty cheap. Reason why they are better off scrapped.

Put them on your local area's craigslist and someone who needs a set and believes you can only get them through the dealership for $800 new will buy them from you for a good price.
good call bro! 'preciate your input

Old 05-23-2012 | 01:59 AM
Depending on what year they came off of you can get good $$ from a metal recycler. Not sure but I think anything from a pre-2000 will be worth some $$. When I had my cats taken off my 97 f150 to have hiflows installed I told the shop I wanted my old cats. I took them to a metal recycler and I got $200 for them. The new hiflows only cost me $140. The reason they are worth $$ is because the older cats have more precious metals in them than the newer ones.

Old 05-23-2012 | 05:39 AM
Follow one of those guys with an old crappy pick up, loud, dented and most likely calico with metal heaping out of it. They will lead you to a scrap yard where you can get cash in hand.

Quick Reply: How to sell used cats for a profit?