Pacesetter LT header install ***NEED HELP***

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by robsxlt
loosened the bracket on the accumulator and it slide right in!!
That one I mentioned three times lol. But, you must not have worked on it yet from the first time mentioning that had to be loosened.

I tried it from the outside, and gave up on that. Got them on thru the bottom.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I saw where you said about the trans tube but honestly when I was trying to go from the bottom it wasn't in the way. But going from the wheelwell I only had to loosen the bolt and move it up a bit. And yes, they sent instructions but in the heat of the battle you tend to forget that you have things like that! But, these were tightened from the inside out just by virtue of those were the first bolts I did so I think I'm good there. Like I said, it's a play/mud/trail truck so as long as it stays in one piece, at least till it gets me home, then I'm good! I really do appreciate all of your help though, and like you said, I will NOT be volunteering my services to do this again!! I'll supervise but that's about it!!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM
One last question, did you guys buy an extension cable for the O2 sensors or did you use the wire in the kit and cut and splice? I've read that you shouldn't cut and splice but then why would they send that in the kit if you can't! Thanks!!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought BBK extensions when i installed pacesetters on my '04. they were for a '93-'04 mustang but work perfect.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM

The inside out, really? I'm losing it, what does that mean ? I really don't know.

Never used extensions, just used the correct size O2's. O'Riely's had them for me, - both times.

BTW- glad you got them in, - a little tight ehh..

Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by jmt0645
I bought BBK extensions when i installed pacesetters on my '04. they were for a '93-'04 mustang but work perfect.
I bought the BBK extentions that were listed for that year Mustang but they fit the rear O2, not the front O2. The keys aren't right for the front. The ones I got are the BBK 1676 for the 86-current mustang. Not sure if you still have your paperwork but just in case, is that what you got?

Just so I'm not sounding too crazy, the front, upstream, O2 sensors have almost a flat end and the rear, downstream, sensors have a rounded end. I'm looking at replacement parts and it seems that it doesn't matter too much about then ends as long as the keys on the female side fit the male, OEM, connectors on truck. Does that make sense? Thanks for the help!

Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
The inside out, really? I'm losing it, what does that mean ? I really don't know.
He installed the header going through the wheel well down into the hole, instead of trying to come up with it from the bottom to get it in place

Or he's talking about torquing down from center to outside edges of the flange. per torque specs

Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
He installed the header going through the wheel well down into the hole, instead of trying to come up with it from the bottom to get it in place

Or he's talking about torquing down from center to outside edges of the flange. per torque specs
Yea, that's what I was hoping he meant. Thanks Patrick.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robsxlt
I bought the BBK extentions that were listed for that year Mustang but they fit the rear O2, not the front O2. The keys aren't right for the front. The ones I got are the BBK 1676 for the 86-current mustang. Not sure if you still have your paperwork but just in case, is that what you got?

Just so I'm not sounding too crazy, the front, upstream, O2 sensors have almost a flat end and the rear, downstream, sensors have a rounded end. I'm looking at replacement parts and it seems that it doesn't matter too much about then ends as long as the keys on the female side fit the male, OEM, connectors on truck. Does that make sense? Thanks for the help!
same thing, all i had to do was sand the locating tabs off and worked great.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter LT header install ***NEED HELP***