Ravin Mufflers; Has anyone compared the difference between 55's and 33's

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001 | 09:40 AM
|
Lightbulb Ravin Mufflers; Has anyone compared the difference between 55's and 33's

I was hoping someone out there has a Ravin 33 series muffler (preferably single in dual out). I need to know how loud it is in comparision to the 55 series. I heard a 55 with single in dual out yesterday and it sounded pretty good, but I want my system a bit louder. My fear is the 33 series is going to be too drastic. Can anyone lend some advice or expertise?

I also haven't heard from anyone on thier comparison on Vortex vs. Ravin. Someone please help me make up my mind.
Thanks
O

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:50 AM
Thumbs up

I have the Z-33 single in, single out on my 98 4.6L and it sounds perfect. Not too loud, not too wimpy.

Old 08-27-2001 | 09:56 AM
Raven 33 vs 55

I have the Z55 Series on my 2001 single in dual out and I wouldnt want it any louder. I think your going to run into alot of cabin drone with the 33 Series IMOP.

Old 09-02-2001 | 04:56 AM
33's not bad

I currently have the z-33 SI/DO with 3" tips and the 5.4L. I have been running it close to a year now, and I still am impressed with it. There is virtually no interior drone (unless I am playing aroung with the throttle). The drone affects different people in different ways. To me it is not bothersome, but to others it might be. My girlfriend doesn't like it, and so far she has been the only one to say anything about it. Everyone else just asks what they are hearing. Like I said, so far it hasn't been a problem with the drone.

Old 09-04-2001 | 11:52 AM
|
Thanks for the imput. I think I am gong to go with the 33's SI/DO set up. I won't have it on for a few weeks but I will be sure to let everyone know how it works. Adamski, I noticed in your signature you have a remote starter. Did you have any problems hooking it up? I was at a stereo shop on the weekend and they said because my truck has the "PATS" (Passive Anti-theft System) I would have to pay big bucks. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Did you have to het another Sensor key cut and hidden in the truck or no? I really want a remote starter but from what I have seen it may be more or a pain than it is worth. Oh yeh, does your starter have the remote locks feature as well? Let me know
Thanks
OPIPE

Old 09-04-2001 | 06:44 PM
Talking Clifford Solaris

The alarm I have is a Clifford Solaris. It cost me about $450 installed. Nothing had to be altered or sacrificed for the installation. The ket is to find an Installer that will spend the time necessary to make the install right. The guys that did mine wanted to bypass the PATS system by disabling it, and I told them I would only pay half price for it if they did. I know the Clifford has a remote sensor that mounts under the plastic of the column that replicates the sensor in the key, only when the remote starter is activated. It automatically shuts off when the key is inserted or removed. It was a royal pain in the A$$ to get the sensor mounted perfectly so that it would be recognized by the system, but very worth while in the end!
Feel free to email me with any questions you might have
adamski96@yahoo.com

Old 09-14-2001 | 05:52 PM
I've got the 55 series single in & out with 3" tip and it's got plenty of rumble and noise. The 33 might be too much, but that depends on your ears. ask the shop if they'll swap out the 55 with a 33 if you don't think it's loud enough. My local Midas shop said they would do it for a small fee if I didn't like the sound.

.boarder

Quick Reply: Ravin Mufflers; Has anyone compared the difference between 55's and 33's