Gooood Head!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 01:11 AM
|
Talking Gooood Head!

Does anyone know where I can get some good head? LOL now that i got some attention, and all joking aside. I need recommendations on the brand of headers to use on my V6 '98. I would like to know what brand, type, style, whatever (kinda a newbie when it comes to headers). And what kinda exhaust system should i use with the headers you recommend? So Pls Pls help, In fact if you have the time pls recommend a full performance system ie: intake, chip, exhaust, headers, etc. But if not, headers and exhaust is fine.

Old 08-24-2001 | 04:52 AM
I believe the only headers available for the V6 are from JBA and definatly sound worthwhile but also quite tricky to install.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=47322

Exhaust is easy and not too pricy at about $350.00 for a custom exhaust and install if you don't want to buy a kit (there are not as many cat-backs systems available for the V6 as there are for the V8) If you search you'll find that most everyone here with a aftermarket exhaust went with a simple SI/DO setup and custom bent pipes at the local muffler shop with very possitive results. Many have had good results with the Flow Master 40 series muffler with 2.5" pipes. I persoanally have a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler and 2.25" pipes with 4" tips that I am very pleased with performance and tone wise.

If you want more performace you can get the Exhaust,Headers,FIPK and Superchip. All of this for around $1200.00 and you'll be able to out perform many V8's, which is a lot of fun when they find that you have the 4.2L V6

If you do a search, you'll find a lot more info about everything you're looking for.

Last edited by AjRagno; 08-24-2001 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Gooood Head!