Diameter, diameter, diameter!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 10:51 AM
|
Post Diameter, diameter, diameter!

I'm in the process of planning an exhuast system for my truck and would appreciate some feedback from all of you.

I found a split rear system at JCWhitney that is straight pipes with tip mufflers. I'd like to use these pipes and tip mufflers along with an X pipe mod.

I only have two reservations, the first is that although they advertise it as being 50 state legal I'm wondering if my inspection station will agree. Can I provide them with some documentation to prove legality? The second and more critical is the pipe diameter is only 2 1/4" while i noticed that most here are using 2 1/2" to 3"

Thanx guys, some of you might think that I'm over reacting to the inspection process but those of you in this state know how it works. The inspection ***** here have the power to take you off the road if they have a bug up their @$$.

Old 08-24-2001 | 12:46 PM
Cool

Here in WA State, they are pretty picky too. As long as you don't mess with the cats you should be ok. Here, they just stick a probe up each pipe that comes out. If NJ goes all the way and actually crawls underneath the rig, it should still pass, because you did your mod after the cats.

Just be honest and polite to the inspector. Maybe go on a busy day, that way you'll most likely just be passed on thru to get rid of you sooner!

Quick Reply: Diameter, diameter, diameter!