Corsa DB exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014 | 09:13 PM
|
Corsa DB exhaust

Hello all, I have a 2010 XLT with 5.4 that I bought used and it has a Corsa DB 3.0" Cat back single side exhaust on it. Just wondering if anyone else has this same system and how they like it. Also I have developed a bit of a rattle, anyone have any quick fixes?

Old 01-31-2014 | 04:15 AM
Wasn't real happy with the sound of mine at first, but once I threw a set of longtubes on, it woke up. Had it on for 3.5 years now and still love it. Still no drone even with the longtubes.

Old 02-01-2014 | 06:07 PM
|
What headers did you put on? I was looking at a set of edelbrock shorty's but I was told the small change wouldnt be worth the price or the work. I was also looking into Corsa's cold air intakes but they are pretty pricey, you know anything about them?

Old 02-01-2014 | 07:08 PM
Truck of the Month
If you're gonna do headers, get long tubes. I have some OBX stainless ones on mine. They're quite expensive to have installed though if you can't do them yourself. I wouldn't bother wasting money on an intake though, search for the "Gotts Mod."

Old 02-10-2014 | 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jaharrell86
What headers did you put on? I was looking at a set of edelbrock shorty's but I was told the small change wouldnt be worth the price or the work. I was also looking into Corsa's cold air intakes but they are pretty pricey, you know anything about them?
dynatech longtubes. That and a tune REALLY woke up the truck. Well worth the money for the torque gains. Dont know about the intakes, I have an afe.

Old 02-10-2014 | 02:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
As far as an exhaust rattle, pin-poi t where it is coming from and get under and examine. Look for stretched/loose rubber hangers. Look for loose clamps, loose nuts/bolts. Look at the heat shields and verify they are solid. The Cross is direct flow so it should not be an internal muffler issue.

Quick Reply: Corsa DB exhaust