X Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001 | 03:12 AM
|
X Pipe

Can someone send me a diagram on what you mean about x pipe to equal out the flow and better back pressure for better low end power, I have headers on with true duals running out the rear with 3 x 8 or 10 inch tips on, Help on a this so I can get it done. If anyone could email me the way. twatkin3@columbus.rr.com

Old 08-31-2001 | 08:11 PM
Old 08-31-2001 | 08:25 PM
Old 09-01-2001 | 05:04 AM
Can't remember if it was HOT ROD or CAR CRAFT, but I read a test where an X-pipe and mufflers actually performed as well as open headers. Plus, after the cats, they're smog-legal. What I want, is an x-pipe to replace the crappy y-pipe so I can run duals, but benefit from the efficiency of a y- or x-. Anybody know of a bolt-in for a 97 4.6? I don't really want to dump into the gas tank on the driver's side.

Old 09-02-2001 | 04:10 PM
"X" Tubes by Magnaflow...

There is a terrific article at www.magnaflow.com on the "X" cross- over tube and it's benefits. The site shows various models along with all stainless steel mufflers. I am calling an Internet seller Monday to get a lead of the best price for the stainless steel "X" cross-over and mufflers for a true dual exhaust. Then, when I get the parts all together I am going to take them with me to get a bid on having them installed at a local muffler shop.

When you get into stainless steel, the welder has to switch over to stainless steel wire in his wire feed welder (if they aren't already set up for it) and he will either tell you he doesn't do stainless welding, or that it's going to cost you for him to switch over and then back to mild steel again. You have to add that into the equasion along with the cost of stainless steel mufflers.

But I have replaced enough mild steel mufflers and pipes to fill a small garage and I'm tired of it. It's junk!!! So, I'm seriously considering the one-time cost of stainless steel.

If anyone knows of a good source for the Magnaflow mufflers and "X" cross-over tube, please let me know. And, if I find a good source, I'll let you know.

BillVoyles
bvoyles@peoplepc.com

Last edited by Bill Voyles; 09-02-2001 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2001 | 12:16 AM
Thanks Bill, let us know what you come up with. The fact that our exhaust is 2.5" dual necked down to 2.5" single means that the exhaust is probably the most limiting factor, performance-wise.

Old 09-15-2001 | 07:23 PM
|
Red face

Well I added to my true dual exhaust with jba headers a x-pipe and i wasn't at all impressed with any difference at all,it may equalize out both banks but I didn't notice any difference but of course i really haven't had the time to go out and try it out but on the way back from having it put on all i notice was i lost some of the nice deep tone i had before.

Quick Reply: X Pipe